FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for Bass? They're Deep! (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12840)

Adrian 08-08-2018 10:41 AM

Looking for Bass? They're Deep!

Been reading a lot of posts with folks looking for bass up in the skinny stuff. We too have been disappointed by lack of quality in the shallows. We've beat up the grass, lay downs, & docks only to find a dink here and there. They other day about 3PM, I put the rod down and started drifting with the current when I stopped to make a phone call. While at the console yapping away, I noticed we were being pulled out toward the channel. When we got to 18.5' the screen started filling up with schooling bass. I turned on the trolling motor and positioned the boat about 40' upstream of the school we just marked. Still on the phone with my buddy Jim from the forum, my wife picks up a 6XD and I tell her that's not going to do it and that she should tie on a 10XD style Storm Arashi Deep 25. She does, and 2nd cast it was on! We had a limit within minutes and continued catching until they shut the water off. Guarantee you next time I go out, I'm starting Deep. Good luck out there in that 84º water...

http://i.imgur.com/YYWETuE.jpg

pitbull 08-08-2018 10:48 AM

WOWWW!!!! Great job!!

skillet 08-08-2018 12:16 PM

We’ve been finding the fish deep as well. I just can’t get them to bite. But we’ve also not had any good current on tournament days. That’s a nice limit of fish!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian 08-08-2018 12:38 PM

Yep, current was key for that deep bite. When It shut off, so did the fish. Also, we were banging the bottom with a 25' diving crank bait, they wouldn't have anything to do with the Carolina Rig, they wanted the fast stuff. If it would clear up I'd head back out there today!

Jim 08-08-2018 02:32 PM

Nice fish and photo as usual!

I may head out after work tonight about 5:30. The dam is generating until 9 pm so there may be a decent evening bite. Call or text if you want to ride along.

Jim

luckystratos 08-08-2018 07:00 PM

Great job Adrian

notorious 08-08-2018 08:44 PM

...and no A'bama hat needed.

Adrian 08-08-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 83694)
Nice fish and photo as usual!

I may head out after work tonight about 5:30. The dam is generating until 9 pm so there may be a decent evening bite. Call or text if you want to ride along.

Jim

I may do that if I stay up a little later tonight! Went out today. Caught a mess of Stripers. Freezer is stocked!

Adrian 08-08-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystratos (Post 83697)
Great job Adrian

Thanks Man! Boat's running good. See you in March :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 83699)
...and no A'bama hat needed.

I Don't get it...

skillet 08-09-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 83702)
Thanks Man! Boat's running good. See you in March :)

I Don't get it...

I think he’s talking bout my Alabama hats that I wear. I keep telling these guys, jealousy will get you nowhere!! Current is definitely key, and when you have that, you can whack them on cranks, or swimbaits and other fast moving baits. But one gen is not enough current to make that bite happen. I’ve learned that over the last couple of months after not catching fish offshore.

Adrian 08-09-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 83703)
I think he’s talking bout my Alabama hats

Oh I got ya! :D I'd love to run into some of those "accidental" walleye you been catching...

skillet 08-09-2018 11:03 AM

Looking for Bass? They're Deep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 83705)
Oh I got ya! 😀 I'd love to run into some of those "accidental" walleye you been catching...

Caught a 16-18” sauger last weekend on a 6xd
!!! Lol. Idk if I posted the last one I grabbed, it was 26” long!! Floating down the river. Thought it was dead but it was still struggling to breathe and kicking. Picked it up threw it into a cooler. And they are very accidental!!! Lol

Adrian 08-09-2018 11:05 AM

I've yet to catch one on purpose. Maybe I'm in the wrong lake...

CFrockfish 08-10-2018 08:21 AM

Right on brother, good catch! Looks like I'll stay deep this weekend, thanks for the report.

daniel 08-10-2018 11:33 AM

Hogs

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk