FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Duh moment (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13013)

Flatline 02-14-2019 01:19 AM

Duh moment

I finally got my boat back today and swung by the Priest to wet a line, check out the new bait caster and some new lures.. I was fishing with a spinner I bought at the boat show couple weeks ago, checking out its action and all. I had probably fished 20 mins with it when I decided it was time to head in as the sun was starting to set. I was trying to hook the lure to the keeper when I noticed it wasn't happening. Upon closer inspection I saw the mfg had slipped a clear tube over the hook... Really ??? All I could do was laugh at the possibility if I had gotten a bite that there was no way of setting the hook. Duh !!! :o

Heiny57 02-14-2019 07:13 AM

I did that with a swim bait on an A-rig a month ago, no wonder I wasn’t hooking. 🤪

Flatline 02-14-2019 10:45 AM

That's funny... I don't feel so Homer now. :D

SalmonDaze 02-14-2019 11:27 AM

That's just "fish" related. Make sure to share when you . . .
  • Forget to put the plug in the boat
  • Forget to remove the straps from the trailer
  • Forget to remove the transom-saver
  • Leave in the morning and return to find a dead truck battery because you left the lights on.
  • Throw the anchor over and forgot that you didn't tie then end to a cleat and go BACK to Academy for ANOTHER anchor and line.
  • Use the trolling motor to limp back to dock because you forgot to fill the boat with gas.

yea . . . it's a long list. :D

notorious 02-14-2019 06:58 PM

Fished a tournament on JPP years ago with my buddy. I had been doing very well on Dixie Dancer Spinnerbaits at night. I was catching a fish here and there but he wasn't. I finally convinced my buddy to tie one of mine on...he lost three 3-5 lb bass in a row off one bank... I told him to show my the bait...yep, tubing on both of the hooks. We placed that evening, however could have walked away with all the money...we still laugh about it to this day.

Texas_Rig 02-15-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 84930)
I finally got my boat back today and swung by the Priest to wet a line, check out the new bait caster and some new lures.. I was fishing with a spinner I bought at the boat show couple weeks ago, checking out its action and all. I had probably fished 20 mins with it when I decided it was time to head in as the sun was starting to set. I was trying to hook the lure to the keeper when I noticed it wasn't happening. Upon closer inspection I saw the mfg had slipped a clear tube over the hook... Really ??? All I could do was laugh at the possibility if I had gotten a bite that there was no way of setting the hook. Duh !!! :o

That's hilarious. I love laughing at myself and fortunately I guess I'm guilty of similar duh moments myself

Schleprock 02-19-2019 06:59 PM

I destroyed a new spinnerbait trying to get the damn thing off , would not come off , tried to use a pair of pliers and finally got so frustrated I threw the lure in the lake