FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pickwick 5-01-2012..live and learn. (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=5173)

Alphahawk 05-01-2012 06:07 PM

Pickwick 5-01-2012..live and learn.

1 Attachment(s)
Did not take my kayak to Pickwick today. Was going to fish where the bank and dam meet at the lake. Got there and there was a 30 foot wide debris field from bank to the lake. The winds had pushed it all up. So had to scramble to find some fish. They were not running hardly any water through so nothing below the dam. I went over by the Pickwick Landing Marina. Found some Red Ear. Had I brought the kayak could have gotten a lot more. Trying to save 10 bucks on gas...how silly. But had a great time. Stopped off at VFW and Laurel Hill on way home. The moss is really bad. Don't know how that is going to affect fishing but from the bank I would say you can't fish. The moss is getting bad at Williamsport also. Way too early in the year for that.

Regards

Tennesseejugger 05-02-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 21057)
Did not take my kayak to Pickwick today. Was going to fish where the bank and dam meet at the lake. Got there and there was a 30 foot wide debris field from bank to the lake. The winds had pushed it all up. So had to scramble to find some fish. They were not running hardly any water through so nothing below the dam. I went over by the Pickwick Landing Marina. Found some Red Ear. Had I brought the kayak could have gotten a lot more. Trying to save 10 bucks on gas...how silly. But had a great time. Stopped off at VFW and Laurel Hill on way home. The moss is really bad. Don't know how that is going to affect fishing but from the bank I would say you can't fish. The moss is getting bad at Williamsport also. Way too early in the year for that.

Regards

All but one of those look like Crappie to me.

Alphahawk 05-02-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger (Post 21068)

No those are not Crappie. The Red Ear is the give away that it is a Shell Cracker. They are nice Red Ear but they get much bigger. They fight like a Small Mouth....minus the jump.

Regards

white95v6 05-02-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger (Post 21068)

:confused: haha you need your computer or eyes fixed. for sure not crappie.

Tennesseejugger 05-02-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white95v6 (Post 21088)
:confused: haha you need your computer or eyes fixed. for sure not crappie.

I do not need either fixed thank you very much! I do not fish much for pan fish so I really do not know what a red ear looks like. These may not be crappie but they look like it to me! I do see the red mark on them, I guess it was the striations on the body that made me think they looked like crappie. Hey you learn something every day!

Tennesseejugger 05-03-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92nphigh (Post 21094)
You crack me up Cracker !!! lol

So are you a racist? That name you called me sure sounds like it! And let me ask you a question in simple enough terms that even you will comprehend! What does Abe have to do with what I posted? Where did this come from? Are you ok? You are not having a mental breakdown are you? Did you have a bad dream that you were a slave? ( Well I am sorry I did not mean to put more on you than you can handle) That was more than one question! But hey we are here for you.......ROTFLMAO!

browntrout 05-03-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger (Post 21098)
So are you a racist? That name you called me sure sounds like it! Would you not agree TK?

I am a racist, I only fish for smallmouth and trout!!!:cool:

Tennesseejugger 05-03-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browntrout (Post 21099)
I am a racist, I only fish for smallmouth and trout!!!:cool:

Sounds like a personal problem, maybe you should seek some professional help...LOL

browntrout 05-03-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger (Post 21100)
Sounds like a personal problem, maybe you should seek some professional help...LOL

I think you are right, I need some therapy. I think I will go trout fishing Saturday!

Tennesseejugger 05-03-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browntrout (Post 21101)
I think you are right, I need some therapy. I think I will go trout fishing Saturday!

That is the best kind of treatment that you can have! Catch a mess!