FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Center Hill Temps? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13568)

DUCK_2 05-19-2020 06:58 PM

Center Hill Temps?

Wonder what folks saw as water temps on the hill this past weekend or this week? Was hoping to find some bluegill beds but a lot of other lakes not up to 70 and no beds yet.Thanks.

Schleprock 05-19-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCK_2 (Post 87833)
Wonder what folks saw as water temps on the hill this past weekend or this week? Was hoping to find some bluegill beds but a lot of other lakes not up to 70 and no beds yet.Thanks.

Have you been to CH since they raised the water level? Last time I went the lake was trashed with debris and mud

DUCK_2 05-20-2020 03:58 AM

No, but I've passed over it at Sligo in the past week or so. Didn't look to bad to me. There is bushes and such now at the water line from where they have raised it and where plants have Been growing the past 10 years or so. Maybe hard to fish now.

Schleprock 05-20-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCK_2 (Post 87837)
No, but I've passed over it at Sligo in the past week or so. Didn't look to bad to me. There is bushes and such now at the water line from where they have raised it and where plants have Been growing the past 10 years or so. Maybe hard to fish now.

Went to the back of several creeks and you could sit over submerged trees , got to figure its going to give the fish a lot more cover in the future but going to be hard to fish, def different type , used to be able to run a bank and throw crankbaits , impossible to do that right now

TnCreekMaster 06-17-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 87838)
Went to the back of several creeks and you could sit over submerged trees , got to figure its going to give the fish a lot more cover in the future but going to be hard to fish, def different type , used to be able to run a bank and throw crankbaits , impossible to do that right now

Has anyone been up there lately? Any reports, water temps/color or tips would be much appreciated that lake has always been a tough one for me and now with a flooded forest it should be really interesting. Im wondering if there will even be any sand beachs or pea gravel banks left up there. Going up there Monday just to see whats up. Last time i was there about a month 1/2 ago they still hadn't opened io the new ramp at the dam and the water was still down.

tennarl 06-18-2020 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster (Post 87928)
Has anyone been up there lately? Any reports, water temps/color or tips would be much appreciated that lake has always been a tough one for me and now with a flooded forest it should be really interesting. Im wondering if there will even be any sand beachs or pea gravel banks left up there. Going up there Monday just to see whats up. Last time i was there about a month 1/2 ago they still hadn't opened io the new ramp at the dam and the water was still down.

I took my son last week and put in at indian creek. Water was 78ish with some green stain. Agree with previous poster on amount of underwater trees. Very intimidating and all but eliminates cranking the bank. Wasn't out long, nor fishing all that hard but managed a spot (with some buddies following), sm, amd lm all around kid's camp dock. All three fish were up shallow in 5 feet or less. All on cranks...ironically one of the few spots without heavy vegetation.