FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Caney Fork past couple days. (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=5533)

tjustin 08-13-2012 03:05 PM

Caney Fork past couple days.

3 Attachment(s)
Past couple nights i have been fishing the caney fork . Here some pics of the fish ive caught .

Travis C. 08-13-2012 03:09 PM

Nice....

Starting to get that itch for those again...

Tennesseejugger 08-13-2012 04:55 PM

Nice job!

Alphahawk 08-13-2012 07:42 PM

Nice fish.

j19bill 08-13-2012 09:28 PM

Wow nice. I never have fished at night there. Looks like i may have to give it a try.

jad2t 08-14-2012 08:04 AM

Nice trout! The only times I've caught larger browns is at night. Thanks to Travis for emphasizing over and over that you have to go at night to get them haha. Biggest one to date was a 22" brown caught on a YoZuri jerkbait, rainbow trout color. Man I miss that river, two weeks and I'll be back in Cookeville and fishing it regularly. I'll be putting more effort into stripers than trout though, that's my new challenge.

nomad60 08-14-2012 08:14 AM

Those are some nice trout.

jad2t,

Keep us updated on the striper hunt...I hope to start fishing for them as well real soon here.

Transplanted Sportsman 08-14-2012 08:17 AM

Hot dog TJ those are some very nice browns!!, i assume you catching them either on cranks or live bait??, either way congrats man!! ,looks like you had some fun!!

jad2t 08-14-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomad60 (Post 23919)
Those are some nice trout.

jad2t,

Keep us updated on the striper hunt...I hope to start fishing for them as well real soon here.

I've learned how to fish for them below Old Hickory Dam in the current, I've caught a few smaller ones and lost a couple big fish, not sure what they were. I like to think they were 20lb stripers :D

Stripers are very seldom caught at the Center Hill Dam, they're way downstream. I've seen them in certain areas and I have a friend who has been catching monsters in there. I've got some new tactics to try and I'll post here if I do any good.

nomad60 08-14-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jad2t (Post 23921)
I've learned how to fish for them below Old Hickory Dam in the current, I've caught a few smaller ones and lost a couple big fish, not sure what they were. I like to think they were 20lb stripers :D

Stripers are very seldom caught at the Center Hill Dam, they're way downstream. I've seen them in certain areas and I have a friend who has been catching monsters in there. I've got some new tactics to try and I'll post here if I do any good.

I live in Clarksville so I'm hoping a few of them swim on down this way. ;)
Once I pick up my boat and get comfortable with it, I plan on putting all that great advice from the "Cumberland River Blues" thread to good use.

txnative 08-15-2012 07:24 AM

Jad2t,

Fishing the lower caney for stripers is a whole different ball game than chasing them below old hickory dam. If you're using anything less than a heavy action rod, strong level wind reel, and stout (I use 50 lb power pro), you'll be very lucky to land one over 20 lbs. They have ideal water (temps and oxygen) and a ton of cover that they use to their advantage.

Pm me on what you're planning on using and I will give you what help I can. My friends and I have been chasing them since June, and I've landed nothing but 20+ lb fish, and my friends have got some up to 49".

Chris

tjustin 08-15-2012 09:09 PM

Thanks for all the positive feed back guys , And yes I only fish there at night this time of year , And all the fish were caught on Crankbaits.

tjustin 08-23-2012 06:35 PM

Big walleye last night.

1 Attachment(s)
I caught this nice walleye last night.

Travis C. 08-23-2012 06:37 PM

Nice walleye.

How big was it 6-8lbs?

Alphahawk 08-23-2012 07:11 PM

Nice fish! Have caught some up there during the day but have never fished it at night. Need to know the river a bit better to put my kayak out there at night.

Regards