FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Sports Lounge - General (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anybody have any interest.... (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12017)

TNBronzeback 04-24-2017 04:29 PM

Anybody have any interest....

In learning sauger/river jigging in the winter months?
I have some gopro footage of my last morning this year and was thinking about making a video on the ins/outs of river jigging in the winter.
The video i have is all catches so it wont have any on the water technique footage but i can do some other garage footage and map pictures and such.
Anybody have any interest in that or would i be wasting my time?
I got the idea from the fishing show this year when i attended the sauger seminar.
Just a thought. Alot of guys seem to have interest in it, but 1) its not a style of fishing for everybody 2) they dont know where to go 3) you generally have to weed through ALOT of shorts to get keeper fish and that just doesnt appeal to some people when it 40 degrees, windy and rainy.
LOL, now i wont divulge my 2 honeyholes, but i can pinpoint other areas that i have caught fish. At various times during the winter.

XxthejuicexX 04-24-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78011)

I have some gopro footage of my last morning this year and was thinking about making a video on the ins/outs of river jigging in the winter.

The video i have is all catches so it wont have any on the water technique footage but i can do some other garage footage and map pictures and such.

I got the idea from the fishing show this year when i attended the sauger seminar.

Just a thought. Alot of guys seem to have interest in it, but 1) its not a style of fishing for everybody 2) they dont know where to go 3) you generally have to weed through ALOT of shorts to get keeper fish and that just doesnt appeal to some people when it 40 degrees, windy and rainy.

LOL, now i wont divulge my 2 honeyholes, but i can pinpoint other areas that i have caught fish. At various times during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 04-24-2017 07:27 PM

I'm all for any help I can get........ like you taking me to the honey holes. :) I really enjoyed the last time even though the conditions were not perfect and it was cold as balls and windy.

TNBronzeback 04-24-2017 08:43 PM

Well if you are looking to top our phenominal Normandy walleye trip my friend, well that just isnt going to happen!
Ive actually been thinking about doing a sauger/jigging video for a few years. Wishing i had footage from that day in the rain/snow/sleet.
Its always fun to look back on videos, laugh at the stupid music i put to it and see just how damn ugly i am from my fishing partners point of view. Lol.
I know the format and setup of how i want to do it.
Luckily i have quite a few months before fall/winter hits to do it.

Halli 04-25-2017 07:35 AM

Yes

I would like to see a Sauger how to!!!

skillet 04-25-2017 01:11 PM

If it's a video of when we went, you better delete it!!! Merv will ruin that video!!!

TNBronzeback 04-25-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78034)
If it's a video of when we went, you better delete it!!! Merv will ruin that video!!!

With the exception of the handsome captain and his glorious vessel, i agree....that video wouldnt be any good. Lol

skillet 04-25-2017 10:50 PM

You must not have any mirrors in your house!!!

wormdunker 04-27-2017 07:34 PM

I would love it. I catch some sauger below Cheatham, but I live right across the street from the Cumberland and can't seem to figure out how to catch them over there, although I have caught a few here and there over the last several years, maybe a limit in 5 years total! Would love a good education on river fishing for sauger.

XxthejuicexX 04-28-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78038)
With the exception of the handsome captain and his glorious vessel, i agree....that video wouldnt be any good. Lol

If calling you handsome gets me more sauger fishing time I can do that. If you and your vessel ever want to waist more time on Normandy for walleye I've got new "proven" spots to try. Got them from a customer of mine that walleye fishes Normandy all the time.

skillet 04-28-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78063)
If calling you handsome gets me more sauger fishing time I can do that. If you and your vessel ever want to waist more time on Normandy for walleye I've got new "proven" spots to try. Got them from a customer of mine that walleye fishes Normandy all the time.

I'd like join in on this adventure. I can lie to you too John!!! 😂😂

XxthejuicexX 04-28-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78064)
I'd like join in on this adventure. I can lie to you too John!!! 😂😂

I mean everything from the bottom of my heart, No lies here.

skillet 04-30-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78071)
I mean everything from the bottom of my heart, No lies here.

Now you're just ass kissing. You have something on your nose!!

XxthejuicexX 04-30-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78082)
Now you're just ass kissing. You have something on your nose!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1d41d286d8.jpg

You might not need how to videos when it comes to fishing :)

TNBronzeback 04-30-2017 09:24 PM

Lmao!!!!
I do have mirrors!
My momma says im handsome! lol

JeffsLowe 05-01-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78011)

Sounds good to me. I think a sauger fishing video would be really interesting.

skillet 05-02-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78086)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1d41d286d8.jpg

You might not need how to videos when it comes to fishing :)

😂😂🤣🤣😆😂😆🤣😂😆🤣. I learned everything I know from YouTube and other questionable sights....😉🤐

skillet 05-02-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78092)
Lmao!!!!

I do have mirrors!

My momma says im handsome! lol

Lmao!!! Awww how sweet!!

Seriously, we need to get together and do some fishing soon.

Transplanted Sportsman 05-03-2017 09:08 AM

I also got some proven spots and how not to catch them at normandy, if yall are interested, although I could join in so I can really show you how not to catch them, lol!

TNBronzeback 05-03-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78115)
Lmao!!! Awww how sweet!!

Seriously, we need to get together and do some fishing soon.

Yes we do! i havent fished (aside from a weeked at dale before easter) in a few months.
I need to smash a few bass in the face! i missed the spring crappie, hybrid, bass, everything!
Ive got some pent up anger towards our finned friends!
Lol....i would even settle for....dare i say....a few hours of trolling at this point!

skillet 05-03-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78120)
Yes we do! i havent fished (aside from a weeked at dale before easter) in a few months.

I need to smash a few bass in the face! i missed the spring crappie, hybrid, bass, everything!

Ive got some pent up anger towards our finned friends!

Lol....i would even settle for....dare i say....a few hours of trolling at this point!

I got family in this weekend, other than that, just holler at me!!

XxthejuicexX 05-04-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78120)
..i would even settle for....dare i say....a few hours of trolling at this point!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked about going to Normandy for Walleye last night with a friend and trolling for them, no better way to waist 8 hours.

skillet 05-04-2017 09:21 PM

My dad is wanting to troll old hickory for walleye! Any ideas where to start?

deezelteck 05-18-2017 11:22 AM

I need an education in walleye and sauger fishing.. 😀

They have been stocking Old Hick pretty hard the last couple of years.. Here's the latest..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...704e35a0e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 05-26-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78130)
My dad is wanting to troll old hickory for walleye! Any ideas where to start?

Belotes bar. Might catch a big bass too. My pb of 8lbs 3ounces came from there

ROBMO 06-07-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 78418)
Belotes bar. Might catch a big bass too. My pb of 8lbs 3ounces came from there

Texas_Rig, what time of year do you usually troll? Have you ever trolled for sauger and walleye in the main part of OHL?

Texas_Rig 06-08-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBMO (Post 78661)
Texas_Rig, what time of year do you usually troll? Have you ever trolled for sauger and walleye in the main part of OHL?

I don't fish for walleye, but lots of guys troll that bar when I'm bass fishing. I only fish there in the hottest part of the summer when I can catch bass 20-30 feet deep. I've caught a bunch of walleye there while bass fishing. I catch them on a crankbait and a 10 inch worm.

Texas_Rig 06-08-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBMO (Post 78661)

The 8lb 3ounce was a bass not a walleye. Sorry for the confusion

thehick176 06-10-2017 07:20 AM

You can troll the edges of the river channel up and down the lake and have a good chance at getting a Sauger and maybe a Walleye. 300 series Bandits in various colors work well. Make sure your right on the edge of the drop so your crankbait ticks the bottom good.