FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Out Of State Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fishing in small stream in White Sulphur Springs,West Virginia (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=11469)

tcintn 07-15-2016 04:20 PM

Fishing in small stream in White Sulphur Springs,West Virginia

Went fishing today for around an hour in small stream and caught 19 Rainbows and six were over20". Had 3 break off that were much bigger.

I will admit that over 40,000 trout got into the river during the flood from fed trout hatchery.

Hope to go tomorrow after I get the food out for the folks here and volunteers.

Alphahawk 07-15-2016 09:43 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Regards

MNfisher 07-16-2016 10:58 AM

Whoa!

Mike

tcintn 07-16-2016 03:46 PM

Went today for an hour then rain. Caught 16, 8 were 20 plus and mister big boy measured in at 26" and it took a few minutes to get in. All caught on new 9 1/2' rod using 2 lb. SOS line with floro leader. Hope to try one more day and then leave here early Monday morn after I get the days food cooked.
Looking forward to seeing my bride.

Travis C. 08-10-2016 10:59 AM

Great fishing Ed.

I just moved to Sevierville and plan on fishing the smokies/surrounding rivers with trout mags. You ever fish my area much?

tcintn 08-11-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis C. (Post 74438)
Great fishing Ed.

I just moved to Sevierville and plan on fishing the smokies/surrounding rivers with trout mags. You ever fish my area much?

Travis,
I have never fished that area. I am constantly looking for reasons to come to East Tennessee and do some trout fishing. However,if you put a new post with a heading about what you want I know you will get some great suggestions.

Travis C. 09-11-2016 09:05 AM

Sorry Ed missed your response to me.

East TN fishing.

Hey Ed there is a video on YouTube at one point in time that had some truck magnet guys fishing near Gatlinburg but I can't find it anymore.

I have some of the barbless heads to use up in the park so I think I'm good on those streams. What about fishing the mini magnets in place of the trout magnets up here?

tcintn 09-11-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis C. (Post 74913)
East TN fishing.

Hey Ed there is a video on YouTube at one point in time that had some truck magnet guys fishing near Gatlinburg but I can't find it anymore.

I have some of the barbless heads to use up in the park so I think I'm good on those streams. What about fishing the mini magnets in place of the trout magnets up here?

That video I believe is on the T M site.
Right now I am out west for six weeks resting and fishing some great trout streams. I used the mini s on the San Juan and did ok.
I enjoy using the mini.