FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Roll call 10/12 (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13263)

Buzzy15 10-11-2019 10:47 PM

Roll call 10/12

I’m going below old hickory tomorrow morning. Who else is going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schleprock 10-12-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzy15 (Post 86624)
I’m going below old hickory tomorrow morning. Who else is going?

Going to fish post frontal conditions?

What is your strategy? I'm going somewhere although I have zero confidence I will actually catch anything lol

Buzzy15 10-12-2019 12:44 AM

Live bait. Plus I’m a firm believer that after a rain storm the fish bite.

Texas_Rig 10-12-2019 09:44 AM

I'm headed somewhere in a couple hours. I don't know where yet but probably JPP or DH.

Buzzy15 10-12-2019 10:19 AM

Well my engine wouldn’t start. Tried fishin off the bank. Everyone who was on the water and on the far bank were slamming fish. This cold front really turned them on!!!

Flatline 10-12-2019 10:26 AM

I'd love to go tomorrow but it looks like I'm gonna have to take my truck back to Jackson Ga to get the rear head gasket replaced as its pouring oil from it... I just picked up the truck 2 days ago from getting a complete engine overhaul. It seem to be awfully breezy today here at the house... I'd think it would be too windy on the lake.

Texas_Rig 10-12-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86628)
I'm headed somewhere in a couple hours. I don't know where yet but probably JPP or DH.

What a bummer. I went out to the shop to hook my boat up and noticed that my motor was trimmed all the way up. At some point between Wednesday night and this morning the motor trimmed itself up as far as possible and eventually burned up the the trim motor or something because it won't trim now. I guess I'm headed to Nashville Marine to drop it off Monday to see what's going on.

Texas_Rig 10-12-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzy15 (Post 86629)
Well my engine wouldn’t start. Tried fishin off the bank. Everyone who was on the water and on the far bank were slamming fish. This cold front really turned them on!!!

i don't pay to much attention to cold fronts. I think they are only really detrimental in the winter and early spring. In the words of Richard Gene the Fishing Machine, "Go fishin' when you can, 'Cause it's goooood fer ya".

Alan 54 10-12-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86633)
i don't pay to much attention to cold fronts. I think they are only really detrimental in the winter and early spring. In the words of Richard Gene the Fishing Machine, "Go fishin' when you can, 'Cause it's goooood fer ya".

I watch that nut all the time.....lol And Elmo....well Elmo is crazy.....lol

Texas_Rig 10-12-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan 54 (Post 86636)
I watch that nut all the time.....lol And Elmo....well Elmo is crazy.....lol

That man is one hell of a fisherman and I respect him and his abilities very much. He is the prime example that it doesn't take a $50k bass boat with 15" electronics, high dollar trolling motor, or $500 fishing rods to catch fish. All it takes is know how and want to, and he's got a whole hell of a lot of both. He has the best fishing channel on YouTube in my opinion because the man teaches people how to fish. He doesn't just show you fish catches. He goes into great detail on everything he's doing and doesn't keep any "secrets". If I were a rich man then I would make a very large anonymous donation to that man. He respects people and he respects the outdoors as much as anyone I've seen. Sorry about the long rant. Lol

FishAddict 10-13-2019 08:07 AM

Buzzy we put in right behind you. We caught a few schoolie stripers but they were not too turned on for us.

Schleprock 10-13-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86633)

Was supposed to be be cloudy yesterday but as luck would have it we got high pressure, winds and bluebird skies behind a cold front, couldn't crack the code at Watts Bar, ended up with three small smallies and a 5lb hybrid

I did find a ton of shad stacked up in the creeks but nothing seemed to be chasing them

Buzzy15 10-13-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishAddict (Post 86642)
Buzzy we put in right behind you. We caught a few schoolie stripers but they were not too turned on for us.

The skeeter or the nitro? Were you using skipjack?