FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Caney Fork past couple days. (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=5533)

tjustin 08-23-2012 07:30 PM

It was right around 7 or so , Caught off the bank alpha , we were getting our guns ready for small game season , and was like what heck lets go fish a bit.

Travis C. 08-23-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 24101)
Nice fish! Have caught some up there during the day but have never fished it at night. Need to know the river a bit better to put my kayak out there at night.

Regards

The way you catch trout up there.. you can stay in Columbia at night time. :D

Alphahawk 08-23-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis C. (Post 24103)
The way you catch trout up there.. you can stay in Columbia at night time. :D

I am waiting for a couple of months when the sluice is turned off with generators going so I can fish the Pond at night. For the last several years as I would be leaving as the Sun had already gone down a guy was always there.....putting in his boat....and catching big Walleye in the Pond. Of course you would only need one like tjustin had and you could go home...LOL.

Regards

Travis C. 08-23-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 24104)
I am waiting for a couple of months when the sluice is turned off with generators going so I can fish the Pond at night. For the last several years as I would be leaving as the Sun had already gone down a guy was always there.....putting in his boat....and catching big Walleye in the Pond. Of course you would only need one like tjustin had and you could go home...LOL.

Regards

Its fun there at night in the pond. There is a bunch of fish on some nights in it. Also cool to watch in the lights of the Dam a night hatch and the trout rise to them with no daylight.

txnative 08-23-2012 08:49 PM

Alpha,

It's pretty easy fishing the pond, even after dark. You don't need to be anywhere dangerous, I usually stay about 50-100 yds away and have most of my luck in flatter water.

Chris

tjustin 08-23-2012 09:18 PM

Txnative is right.

Alphahawk 08-23-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txnative (Post 24107)
Alpha,

It's pretty easy fishing the pond, even after dark. You don't need to be anywhere dangerous, I usually stay about 50-100 yds away and have most of my luck in flatter water.

Chris

Oh I have fished the Pond hundreds of times...just not at night. My son and I would always say we were going to fish it but after fishing all day....and having to drive 100 miles to get back home we just never did. We both have caught a ton of fish out of the Pond but the only ones we ever took home were a couple of Walleye. Caught some really big Black Nose Crappie up there....but I really do all my crappie fishing at Nickajack or Pickwick. Since getting my kayak though I am wanting to fish up at the water fall at night.

Regards

jad2t 08-25-2012 12:39 PM

I fished the Caney last night and the trout were so thick I was practically stepping on them. I should have brought the flyrod since they were more active on top than under the surface. I fished my new UL rig with a small roostertail and caught about 6 or 7, only got 3 to the stringer. 2 Brookies and 1 rainbow, all in the 10-12 inch range. First night back in Cookeville and already have a delicious meal coming!