FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Interesting... (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12067)

SalmonDaze 05-24-2017 11:30 AM

Don't purge me man!!!

XxthejuicexX 05-24-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 78342)
I didn't have the confidence to post anything for fear of looking like I was clueless..

Never stopped Jimmy or Sambolie!

In all seriousness I am back to working two jobs and have a 1 month old and 3 year old so I have very little time to fish at the moment. I am going to make up for it next week I think. The wife took the kids to her parents so she could get some help and I only work two nights at my part time job next week. I hope to find some crappie on JPP and maybe go find some bass in my grass. I fished last night in the kayak event on JPP, Caught two fish that would have put me in the top 5 but did not submit the pictures correctly so they were not accepted, lesson learned. Write your number on your hand, don't use the little piece of paper, paper gets wet and falls apart :)

JeffsLowe 05-24-2017 09:15 PM

given a choice between folks who read but don't post, and those that post reports on my favorite secret spots....well.... i know which I prefer..:D

Halli 05-24-2017 09:27 PM

Be advised>>>>>>> <;)><

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffsLowe (Post 78365)
given a choice between folks who read but don't post, and those that post reports on my favorite secret spots....well.... i know which I prefer..:D

Speaking of... Old Hickory is out of Fish and the new hot trend is Percy Priest!!!!

Really, Also it is now against the law to run Banana boats on Old Hickory between the hours of 0400-2345

JeffsLowe 05-24-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 78366)
Speaking of... Old Hickory is out of Fish and the new hot trend is Percy Priest!!!!

Really, Also it is now against the law to run Banana boats on Old Hickory between the hours of 0400-2345

no way, Percy Priest is terrible, unless of course, your fishing at midnight and pulling your lures off the bank with the leaping tree frog presentation....

Only thing worse is the Caney above Great Falls - you can ignore what that guy said about Sparta -the fishing there is awful.. and the fish all have some kind of contagious diseases too - you can get incurable warts and hives just by handling them.

btw- Center Hill fish all have the same thing...and it gets worse the farther upstream you go...especially bad during the walleye spawn...which everyone knows occurs during middays in july...

In fact, the only SURE FIRE hotspot I know of is Cordell Hull. They are just slaying them there. Normandy is doing great too - they are absolutely killing the walleye there as they are in pre spawn mode getting ready for july.

deezelteck 05-24-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 78366)

😁😁👍👍

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 05-24-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffsLowe (Post 78367)
Normandy is doing great too - they are absolutely killing the walleye there as they are in pre spawn mode getting ready for july.

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

I actually fished last July 4th with Jimmy on Normandy for Walleye. We had 3 bites and one was a solid 25" Walleye that Jimmy lost at the boat as I was getting the net. Man, I'm glad that guy moved away :)

XxthejuicexX 05-24-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffslowe (Post 78367)
no way, percy priest is terrible, unless of course, your fishing at midnight and pulling your lures off the bank with the leaping tree frog presentation.....

hybrids eat it up !!!!!

JeffsLowe 05-25-2017 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78369)
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

I actually fished last July 4th with Jimmy on Normandy for Walleye. We had 3 bites and one was a solid 25" Walleye that Jimmy lost at the boat as I was getting the net. Man, I'm glad that guy moved away :)

yup...I have a buddy that in the 30 years we have been fishing together has never lost a fish less than 5lbs...:D

SAMBOLIE 05-25-2017 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78369)
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

Should have use Jimmy's gaff.

XxthejuicexX 05-25-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 78372)
Should have use Jimmy's gaff.

Bravo Sir!

Headhunter 05-25-2017 10:16 AM

Love the hybrid bashing concerning Priest. All I can say is I hate it for ya'. Priest is absloutely polluted with hybrids. I will say though the topwater bite I know is about to end and I will start catching bass schooled up on the bottom, of course the numbers of bass I catch fishing for them in deeper water are not true either.

commdd 05-25-2017 05:30 PM

headhunter, do you throw a texas rig or carolina rig for those deep bass?

XxthejuicexX 05-25-2017 07:53 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8de182759.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YakFishn 05-26-2017 02:25 PM

Hello from the newest member of the group, according to this post!