PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 2/4/2015

tacklemake
02-05-2015, 04:20 AM
I went out with Don at bluegrass marina for a little crappie fishing. We started out at 1 pm till 4 pm and the fishing was still a little on the slow side . We spotted fish but they really didn't start biting good until around 3 pm. We caught fish in 8' to 21' and we caught 2 yellow bass, 12 bluegill, 1 drum and I also caught one really nice slab crappie around 21/2 pounds which I let go and Don as the picture of it and as soon as I get it I will post it. The water temp was around 46.6 and Don was using a jig and minnow without a float and I was using just a minnow with a slip float and most of the bites were near the bottom or on top of the brush piles. So till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS..............WOODY

MNfisher
02-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Sounds like a great day Woody! I can't wait to see that slab!

Mike

Alphahawk
02-05-2015, 07:21 AM
Glad you got into some fish Woody.

Regards

tacklemake
02-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Randy are you going to be at the expo tomorrow and if so I will see you there..................woody

Alphahawk
02-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Randy are you going to be at the expo tomorrow and if so I will see you there..................woody

I'll be there Woody...looking forward to seeing you.

Regards

sidthesquid
02-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I went out with Don at bluegrass marina for a little crappie fishing. We started out at 1 pm till 4 pm and the fishing was still a little on the slow side . We spotted fish but they really didn't start biting good until around 3 pm. We caught fish in 8' to 21' and we caught 2 yellow bass, 12 bluegill, 1 drum and I also caught one really nice slab crappie around 21/2 pounds which I let go and Don as the picture of it and as soon as I get it I will post it. The water temp was around 46.6 and Don was using a jig and minnow without a float and I was using just a minnow with a slip float and most of the bites were near the bottom or on top of the brush piles. So till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS..............WOODY
where is this picture of this slab of crappie?