PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick Tailrace

Alphahawk
01-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Decided to go to Pickwick even though I knew the water would be falling out after 11:00 a.m. Glad I made the trip. I had one good hour of great white bass action. I caught 43 in that hour...cookie cutter fish all around the 13 inch mark. It was a great fight on the new Major Craft ultra light using 3# test FC line with a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 3/32 ounce jig head. Was casting past a four foot deep flat into 15 feet of water and bumping it along the bottom. When it would hit the wall on the return they would hammer it. A good initial jolt and fight. The water dropped 6 feet in just 2 hours. As often is the case when that happens the white bass head deep and down stream....and one may as well go home....the fishing is over. When I started fishing the output was over 70,000 CFS. When I left it was only a little over 8,000 CFS. But man it sure felt good to get in some fish action again.

Regards

Tightlines
01-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Great report.

agelesssone
01-21-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm glad you decided to make the trip. An hour of fishing like that is awesome cause I know there are days when we go and are lucky to have a few bites.

Went fishing yesterday on JPP. Fished Spring Creek for three hours, throwing crankbaits, A-Rigs, SR 5's, SR 7's, shakey head worms, jigs and Pop-R's.

Neither of us got so much as a hit.

Switched over to crappie, in 2.5 hrs, we boated 6 crappies, only 2 or three would have been keepers.

So, congratulations for having a great fishing trip!

(ALPHA, you might think we love ya for your good looks, but really, it's for your fishing reports!)

Alphahawk
01-21-2015, 09:00 PM
I'm glad you decided to make the trip. An hour of fishing like that is awesome cause I know there are days when we go and are lucky to have a few bites.

Went fishing yesterday on JPP. Fished Spring Creek for three hours, throwing crankbaits, A-Rigs, SR 5's, SR 7's, shakey head worms, jigs and Pop-R's.

Neither of us got so much as a hit.

Switched over to crappie, in 2.5 hrs, we boated 6 crappies, only 2 or three would have been keepers.

So, congratulations for having a great fishing trip!

(ALPHA, you might think we love ya for your good looks, but really, it's for your fishing reports!)

That's funny Merv.....LOL. Do you ever get into the crappie out at GSP?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaseasl
01-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Good day of fishing

Heiny57
01-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a good morning.

XxthejuicexX
01-22-2015, 12:20 PM
That's funny Merv.....LOL. Do you ever get into the crappie out at GSP?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the most Crappie I have caught in a trip was 6. Most of them are really good size though.

Alphahawk
01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Good day of fishing

Yes it was...and had I not read your post from the day before I would not have gone...thanks for the report.

Regards

agelesssone
01-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Alpha, the one time that I fished for crappie at GSP, I caught 8 crappie and only 4 were keepers. I generally only fish for rockfish or tilapia when I am there.

I am going to go there in the AM and try for stripers again.