PDA

View Full Version : East TN Questions.

Beartrainer
01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Hey Guys need some help. I have a group of old college friends and for 10 years now we have been meeting up at Watts Bar lake for an annual fishing weekend. We would like to mix it up but none of us know anything about the other East TN lakes. (Norris, Loudon, Tellico, Cherokee, Douglas, Melton Hill or Chickamauga) About half of the group are novice fishermen at best. We go in mid-may. Any suggestions as far as which lake would be the best to fish in Mid-May for Crappie, Cats or Bass?

tkwalker
01-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Hey Guys need some help. I have a group of old college friends and for 10 years now we have been meeting up at Watts Bar lake for an annual fishing weekend. We would like to mix it up but none of us know anything about the other East TN lakes. (Norris, Loudon, Tellico, Cherokee, Douglas, Melton Hill or Chickamauga) About half of the group are novice fishermen at best. We go in mid-may. Any suggestions as far as which lake would be the best to fish in Mid-May for Crappie, Cats or Bass?

Beartrainer ... welcome aboard ... Now I may be speaking out of school ... And I know we have some members that may be able to help from East TN ... But basically we are Mid Tennessee knowledgeable ... You may want to venture West for a change ?? <'TK>< :)

TNtroller
01-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Chickamauga, Tellico, Loudon, Douglas or Cherokee are/can be good during that time, can't speak for Norris or Melton Hill. Dale Hollow is another one to consider, there is some discussion about DH here, for Chickamauga and other ET waters, check out www.chattanoogafishingforum.com (http://www.chattanoogafishingforum.com) for some info. Check out www.crappie.com (http://www.crappie.com) for crappie info on these lakes as well.

Beartrainer
01-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Beartrainer ... welcome aboard ... Now I may be speaking out of school ... And I know we have some members that may be able to help from East TN ... But basically we are Mid Tennessee knowledgeable ... You may want to venture West for a change ?? <'TK>< :)

Yeah I know most are Mid-Ten guys and I would love to have them head this way as Mid-Ten lakes are my home waters as well. Unfortunately that extends the drive by a couple of hours for the one guy that drives the furthest and we hate to do that to him consider he already drives 8 hours and we all drive 2-4 max. Plus its kinda fun to venture out once and awhile I was just hoping someone else had.

Fishbus
01-13-2015, 01:14 AM
My friend in Chattanooga fishes the sloughs of Chickmauga from the East Ridge side of the river and has good luck. He has been kayak fishing for only about a year and catches a wide variety of species and always manages to get a few. There are many accesses in that area. Harrison Bay State Park may be a good staging area for you. You can stay in the sloughs or venture on to the main lake/river channel easily. Good Luck.

Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk