PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Fishing Trip

TNBronzeback
01-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Have any of you guys been on a canadian fishing trip? Like an outpost trip. Not looking to do a fly-in trip in an effort to keep costs down.
I talked to the guys at Hideaway lodge at the boatshow today and thier prices are pretty good. Since canada has what seems to be an unlimited number of lodges i figured i would ask around here too.

tkwalker
01-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Have any of you guys been on a canadian fishing trip? Like an outpost trip. Not looking to do a fly-in trip in an effort to keep costs down.
I talked to the guys at Hideaway lodge at the boatshow today and thier prices are pretty good. Since canada has what seems to be an unlimited number of lodges i figured i would ask around here too.

I've fished the boundary waters out of Ely, MN a couple of times ... lodging and Guide's reasonable ... <'TK>< :)

Reel Tune
01-11-2015, 03:00 AM
I'm interested in something like this also, here in the next few years I get my 4th week of vacation.

Alphahawk
01-11-2015, 08:28 AM
You pick the right place and it will be a dream come true. I fished the Boundary Waters years ago and it was great. I still want to do the Rainy Lake trip. My nephew.....browntrouts brother....did a trip a few years back where he and his buddy were flown to an island with all their camping gear and fished 5 days. If you could see the pics of that trip with all the Smallies they caught...and big fish too...it would amaze you. They carried one bait with them and I don't remember the model but it was a Rapala lure. They took a gross....144 lures with them.....came home with no baits left. There were also pike in the lake.

Regards

MNfisher
01-11-2015, 12:22 PM
I used to do a fly-in trip with my dad every summer. Then just got too spendy. Many great drive in areas though too. Lake Of The Woods, Rainy Lake, Lac Suel, Lac De Mille Lac are just a few huge lakes with exceptional walleye, pike, and smallie fishing. That have several resorts on them.

Mike

Reel Tune
01-12-2015, 12:17 AM
They carried one bait with them and I don't remember the model but it was a Rapala lure. They took a gross....144 lures with them.....came home with no baits left. There were also pike in the lake.
Regards

If there was only one lure I could take it would probably be a Pre Storm Rapala Wiggle Wart in a Craw pattern, but not sure which craw pattern.

TNBronzeback
01-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys. That hideaway lodge is just over the Minn/Can border and to do an outpost camp, its around $700 for a week and that includes boat, motor, gas. I really dont want to get dropped off by float plane 100 miles from anything, but i dont want to do a big lodge geared towards summer fun with pleasure boaters and all that mess. a nice lake, good equipment, decent lodging and a whole lot of fish that are willing to bite almost anything...is that too much to ask?!?! LOL.
Im gonna check out some fishing shows and see where they have went/recommended. In-Fisherman is pretty good about that. Ive already checked out Lindners Angling Edge and they ofcourse stay at some PRICY places!

tkwalker
01-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys. That hideaway lodge is just over the Minn/Can border and to do an outpost camp, its around $700 for a week and that includes boat, motor, gas. I really dont want to get dropped off by float plane 100 miles from anything, but i dont want to do a big lodge geared towards summer fun with pleasure boaters and all that mess. a nice lake, good equipment, decent lodging and a whole lot of fish that are willing to bite almost anything...is that too much to ask?!?! LOL.
Im gonna check out some fishing shows and see where they have went/recommended. In-Fisherman is pretty good about that. Ive already checked out Lindners Angling Edge and they ofcourse stay at some PRICY places!

TNB, Unless things have changed, which they may have since I was last up there... Even in the Summertime (July) You won't have to worry about pleasure boaters . In 1994 Ice out wasn't until June...

Certain parts of the area especially in the Canadian National Park no outboards are allowed ... Also portaging from lake to lake is common .. In the Canada side in the Park you are diffidently on your on ... Helicopters aren't even allowed to be in there ... They disturb the natural Habitat ... Mainly the Bears .... <'TK><:)

Travis C.
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
If there was only one lure I could take it would probably be a Pre Storm Rapala Wiggle Wart in a Craw pattern, but not sure which craw pattern.

Spring craw with the olive sides. :D

TNBronzeback
01-12-2015, 01:48 PM
TNB, Unless things have changed, which they may have since I was last up there... Even in the Summertime (July) You won't have to worry about pleasure boaters . In 1994 Ice out wasn't until June...

Certain parts of the area especially in the Canadian National Park no outboards are allowed ... Also portaging from lake to lake is common .. In the Canada side in the Park you are diffidently on your on ... Helicopters aren't even allowed to be in there ... They disturb the natural Habitat ... Mainly the Bears .... <'TK><:)

Yeah thats a good point TK. i thought about ice out from a fishing standpoint but not from a pleasure boat stand point

Phunkship
02-17-2015, 07:25 PM
I go to Canada every year with my dad and six others. We go to eagle lake which is in Ontario Canada. The lodge we stay at isn't fancy but we are there to fish and the people that own it are amazing. It's called Pine Beach Lodge. http://www.pinebeachlodge.com
We have been going there for the last six years and the fishing has been awesome every year. As far as lures all you need is a spinner bait and some steel leaders.
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah226/phunkship/canada%20fishing/fish%20hut_zpsjmgolayh.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/phunkship/media/canada%20fishing/fish%20hut_zpsjmgolayh.jpg.html)

SAMBOLIE
02-18-2015, 06:16 PM
I go to Canada every year with my dad and six others. We go to eagle lake which is in Ontario Canada. The lodge we stay at isn't fancy but we are there to fish and the people that own it are amazing. It's called Pine Beach Lodge. http://www.pinebeachlodge.com
We have been going there for the last six years and the fishing has been awesome every year. As far as lures all you need is a spinner bait and some steel leaders.
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah226/phunkship/canada%20fishing/fish%20hut_zpsjmgolayh.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/phunkship/media/canada%20fishing/fish%20hut_zpsjmgolayh.jpg.html)

Is that a cabin or the out house?

browntrout
02-18-2015, 09:02 PM
You pick the right place and it will be a dream come true. I fished the Boundary Waters years ago and it was great. I still want to do the Rainy Lake trip. My nephew.....browntrouts brother....did a trip a few years back where he and his buddy were flown to an island with all their camping gear and fished 5 days. If you could see the pics of that trip with all the Smallies they caught...and big fish too...it would amaze you. They carried one bait with them and I don't remember the model but it was a Rapala lure. They took a gross....144 lures with them.....came home with no baits left. There were also pike in the lake.

Regards

And if I remember correctly he said that the mosquitoes were about 3 pounds each.......

Roy

tkwalker
02-19-2015, 02:02 AM
And if I remember correctly he said that the mosquitoes were about 3 pounds each.......

Roy

They are the state Bird !!!! :eek:

Phunkship
02-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Is that a cabin or the out house?

That's the fish cleaning/bait hut.

sidthesquid
04-27-2015, 09:07 AM
where is this lodge located in ontario?is it near the St.Lawrence River.Is it north of gananuqua?please let me know.I've been fishing the St.Lawrence for the past 25years with lots of nice memories.

lupanfreitag
04-28-2015, 07:57 PM
I go every year as well but only fly in. The only way to go.
I know a couple of companies if you ever decide to go truly remote. There are days where you catch 100's of fish.. if not more. Other days you catch 99. I'm going again in June with friends. Can't wait. No phones, fishing from 4AM to 11PM, liars, tiers and bears! Oh my!