PDA

View Full Version : Which show is better for fishermen, Music City or the Fairgrounds?

Fish'n what bites
01-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Don't know much about either since I moved here last year. Being that I don't want to waste money to go to a show not geared toward what I'm looking for which is better for someone looking for a boat that will be fished from 100% of its use?

Brian37075
01-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I believe the Music City one has a better selection. Plus you have more room to look.

MNfisher
01-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Music City has everything. Fairground show is definitely geared towards fishing, so there will be more fishing boats. Lots of pontoons and wakeboard boats at Music City show.

Mike

thehick176
01-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Ever since they moved the boat show to the new convention center it has gone down hill. In my opinion. You would think with more room it would be bigger and better.
Now it is 90% ski and pontoon boats. Not very much there for the average fisherman. We have been every year for the last 10+ years but after last year, we are done with it.

Pookie
01-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Just returned from the Music City Show. I walked my ass off, saw all the new toys in the Electronic and led light dept. One small area that had fishing stuff was all the tackle I saw. Tons and tons of boats of all kinds. Bring money though. 15 to park, 12 a piece for the tickets and once inside, we got a can coke, some nuts and a bottle of water and it was 13.00

Reel Tune
01-10-2015, 08:53 PM
The Fairgrounds is smaller, but geared more toward fishing. Now if you want a $100,000 boat then the Convention Center is your place, I'm joking well kinda. It just depends what you want and they are both great events just different.

Fish'n what bites
01-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll wait till the Fairgrounds show. Sounds like more products to my liking. Plus the gunshow is up there that weekend also. It'll be hard not to leave with something with those two shows going on.

jaysouth
01-11-2015, 04:54 PM
I hate to sound petty, but I could not attend any thing sponsored by Progressive insurance. I had their policies for years on boats and cars. Then I found out that their founder and Board chairman, billionaire Peter lewis, was a significant contributor to radical causes. He and George Soros are two peas in a pod and both contributed significant sums of money to radical groups like the Tides foundation and Moveon.org and drug legalization groups.

Lewis died in 2013, but I would still feel dirty supporting anything with the name Progressive Insurance attached to it.

Why didn't we figure this out a long time ago with a name like "progressive"?

Maybe things have changed, but I now realize that I put money into anti-American and anti-2d Amendment groups.

wormdunker
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Just returned from the Music City Show. I walked my ass off, saw all the new toys in the Electronic and led light dept. One small area that had fishing stuff was all the tackle I saw. Tons and tons of boats of all kinds. Bring money though. 15 to park, 12 a piece for the tickets and once inside, we got a can coke, some nuts and a bottle of water and it was 13.00

The wife and I were talking about that earlier today. We would have like to have gone, but that's $24 plus parking just to go to a place where people are selling you stuff-well, OK- they did have the skiing squirrel-he's probably a union squirrel, but you know they probably ain't paying him all that much. It seems to me it's kind of like paying to go into the mall. I can see a few bucks to cover some expenses, but $12 is a lot to go and look at boats for sale. And the parking fees--don't get me started on that one. The fairgrounds show is pretty good as far as fishing stuff goes, although it's kind of pricey for what it is in my opinion, and they charge 5 bucks to park--still better than $15. You can get some pretty good deals on gear there, though, which helps to offset the admission and pricing. OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

Pookie
01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I hate to sound petty, but I could not attend any thing sponsored by Progressive insurance. I had their policies for years on boats and cars. Then I found out that their founder and Board chairman, billionaire Peter lewis, was a significant contributor to radical causes. He and George Soros are two peas in a pod and both contributed significant sums of money to radical groups like the Tides foundation and Moveon.org and drug legalization groups.

Lewis died in 2013, but I would still feel dirty supporting anything with the name Progressive Insurance attached to it.

Why didn't we figure this out a long time ago with a name like "progressive"?

Maybe things have changed, but I now realize that I put money into anti-American and anti-2d Amendment groups.

Well, you have a valid point, but...

Where does that money go that you spend at the movie theater? All those Hollywood leftists are making millions on us to use against us. My politics doesn't align with Hollywood very well, but they are entertaining.

TNBronzeback
01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Funny story i have about the parking at the MCC. The line to get into thier parking garage wall fairly long and the reason why is there was a guy there taking cash. Well we pulled in...didnt have any cash...he ho-humed around and said his machine wasnt working...by his tone, body language and facial expressions...that was clearly not true. So he asked again if there was any way i could pay with cash....i said sorry dude...just a card. He then pushes the button on the machine and magically a ticket pops out. He tells me its ok if i just pay on my way out. Do the show, see the squirrel, trapes around $200k boats and off we go. Seeing the little machine on the exiting side i tell my wife no need to get atm cash, i will just use my debit card. Pull up right behind the next vehicle, the gate stayed up after them...i try to insert my card and it wouldnt go.....the lady in the booth waves me on and says the gate is open, have a nice day!
and a nice day i had indeed! lol....ofcourse they still got the best of me after paying over $15 for a can of coke, water and a dry ham sandwich. Lol....i still feel like a winner though! lol