PDA

View Full Version : Caney this weekend?

RUGER
01-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Would there be any need in trying to fish off the bank near the dam (below it) for trout this weekend?

Might be in the area and wondered if there was any chance of catching any?

Thanks.

Alphahawk
01-09-2015, 07:00 AM
I think the sluice is on again. You might try fishing off the steps with big gear for some giant stripers or some big brown trout....other than that I wouldn't hold much hope fishing off the bank.

Regards

RUGER
01-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Thank you sir.

metaniumxg
01-09-2015, 11:22 PM
I think the sluice is on again. You might try fishing off the steps with big gear for some giant stripers or some big brown trout....other than that I wouldn't hold much hope fishing off the bank.

Regards

They have stripers in the Caney?

Alphahawk
01-09-2015, 11:40 PM
They have stripers in the Caney?

Yes....they are very active there during long periods of generation......and do get quite large.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metaniumxg
01-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Yes....they are very active there during long periods of generation......and do get quite large.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would they be hanging out in the current? The area next to the stairs seems pretty shallow.

Alphahawk
01-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Would they be hanging out in the current? The area next to the stairs seems pretty shallow.

If you do a forum search you will see some of the stripers that have come out of there. A ton of big fish are feeding....most of the time...in those boils the generator make...stripers...brown...and rainbows. It is not as shallow as you think there with the generators going.

Regards