PDA

View Full Version : New Slab Magnet in Bass Pro Shops in Nashville

browntrout
01-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Guys it has finally been released and this is an awesome deal for the first 20 people to take advantage of this offer. Not only is this an awesome Crappie bait it is very good for smallmouth bass on the double cross head. Get these and be ready for the spring season. This is straight from Jeff Smith the owner of Leland Lures:
Trout Magnet just had the Slab Magnets put on the shelf at the Bass Pro in Nashville. They only put 10 colors in and only in that store to test them. Jeff wants to sell them. Jeff is giving packs away for anyone purchasing these in the stores. Jeff is giving a pack to the first 20 who posts a picture with them and the Slab Magnets in the store and post it on Facebook. Jeff is also giving away a free pack away for any pack they purchase. It is a buy one get one free deal. They just show us the receipt of how many they purchased and we will send them the packs.

XxthejuicexX
01-07-2015, 09:54 PM
when can I buy them online? I don't have Facebook and it's a good 45 minute drive to the store.

TroutFiend
01-07-2015, 10:08 PM
I was wondering that same question myself. Was at BPS last weekend and they were packaged in a variety of different colors. Do they just rig up on CM jig heads?

creeksmallie
01-07-2015, 11:26 PM
I have been around Jeff and Leland Lures for a longtime this will be another great product. I hope to drive from the Boro sometime this weekend to get some.

browntrout
01-08-2015, 08:41 AM
I was wondering that same question myself. Was at BPS last weekend and they were packaged in a variety of different colors. Do they just rig up on CM jig heads?

When I used them I rigged them on the double cross head and they worked great. Now I must admit I was using them for smallmouth and not crappie. But I have heard reports from the testers who were using them for crappie and they loved them. I think it will be a very good bait for multiple species.

Roy

RUGER
01-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Very cool.

Alphahawk
01-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the Slab Magnet. Been field testing the Slab Magnet since summer. I have never said anything about them as was not sure they would ever be made for sale. They were made for the Leland's Lures Crappie Teams that tournament fish to put bigger crappie in their live wells...and that they do. I however have caught everything on them. The small mouth love them. The magic color is....Midnight Blue. That color catches Smallies at Center Hill.....Pickwick.....and Nickajack. It is just a killer color for them...or has been for me. I rigged them on a Double Cross jig head but fishing below the dam at Pickwick I also put them on 1/4 and 1/2 ounce jig heads with a stronger hook as I was killing the white bass deep in the heavy current.

Regards

tacklemake
01-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Maybe he will have them at the tackle show this year................woody

XxthejuicexX
01-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Those do look really good. If by some way I can make it to Nashville before Sunday I will pick some up and give them a try Sunday when I hit the lake for Crappie. If not it's minnows and standard C mags.

creekcrappie
01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Man they look great! I really can't wait to use them for some crappie! Do you know if they are super soft like some of the others similar to it or are they more durable like crappie magnets.

Alphahawk
01-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Man they look great! I really can't wait to use them for some crappie! Do you know if they are super soft like some of the others similar to it or are they more durable like crappie magnets.

They are pretty durable to me Isaac.

Regards

jad2t
01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
I can't make it to BPS this weekend but I'm definitely interesting in trying some of these out. Surely before Spring Crappie starts I'll pick up a few colors

tsuggs
01-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Looks like it favors bobby garland style

XxthejuicexX
01-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Well, yeah. ;)

Alphahawk
01-08-2015, 09:02 PM

When I first came in contact with this bait that is the same thought I had. Bobby Garland is a great bait. So I started a little research. It comes down to which came first "the chicken or the egg". There are hundreds of baits made on the so called "shad body". I don't know who was the first to come out with this style bait but these type baits have been around a long time. The Slab Magnet is little bigger with a different tail.

Regards

TNBronzeback
01-08-2015, 09:41 PM
That bigger profile might aide in the slow fall process on a small jig. Them crappies love a super slow fall!
will they be at the fishing show next month?

Alphahawk
01-08-2015, 09:51 PM
That bigger profile might aide in the slow fall process on a small jig. Them crappies love a super slow fall!
will they be at the fishing show next month?

Talked to Jeff today and they are supposed to be at the show.

Regards

Travis C.
01-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Everything likes a small minnow. Looks like another good product in the making and something to have handy in early summer during fry schools.

XxthejuicexX
01-09-2015, 08:56 AM
I like the wider tail on these compared to the garlands I have. They will get a work out this spring.

tacklemake
01-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Talked to Jeff today and they are supposed to be at the show.

Regards

Randy what is the show date.........woody

Alphahawk
01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Randy what is the show date.........woody

It's February 6-8. Stop by the TM booth and say hello. I will be there Friday and Saturday.

Regards

Tightlines
01-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Picked up 8 packages at BPS today. Basically only muddy water and glow colors were available. Really appreciate Jeff 's BPS promotion. Looking forward to picking up more colors and double cross jigs at the Fairgrounds.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/10/85aefdcf34160c1c561536ff9d904210.jpg

XxthejuicexX
01-22-2015, 08:36 PM
I picked some of the new slab magnets up tonight. They are monsters! I was surprised how big they are. I will say after seeing them I like then better than the bobby garland. I'm going to give them a try out Sunday on priest. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/22/15a6ef491c3dee90331f7f9972d43e48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halli
01-24-2015, 03:52 PM
I will say they are bigger than the Bobby Garlands and just about the correct size for crappie minnows.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Knhalli/cm1_zpsae9x1rge.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Knhalli/media/cm1_zpsae9x1rge.jpg.html)