PDA

View Full Version : Battery Help

jprism
01-07-2015, 10:51 AM
I just removed and had tested my 2 trolling battery's from my boat and found 1 had a bad cell and was not charging fully. Both battery's are Deka's and are Group Size 27. Both battery's are the same age 4+ years.

Questions....

Where in Nashville area is the best source to buy marine battery's?

Since 1 battery test good, would it be wrong to simply replace the bad one with a different manufacturer of the same size & type?

Thanks, Jim

skiff_life
01-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Deka of TN is located at 1013 River Bluff Drive, Madison, TN; I used to sell batteries to retail customers when I managed the shop (a long time ago when it was Holderfield Battery), I assume they still do. The marine batteries at Sams are made by East Penn Mfg. which makes Deka batteries.
If you are using the batteries in series (24 volt) you might be able to go along for a while by replacing one battery, but you need to keep an eye on the old battery. It's generally better to replace both batteries, especially if they have some age on them.

tkwalker
01-07-2015, 12:44 PM
I just removed and had tested my 2 trolling battery's from my boat and found 1 had a bad cell and was not charging fully. Both battery's are Deka's and are Group Size 27. Both battery's are the same age 4+ years.

Questions....

Where in Nashville area is the best source to buy marine battery's?

Since 1 battery test good, would it be wrong to simply replace the bad one with a different manufacturer of the same size & type?

Thanks, Jim

Jim, if you will look up in the top right hand corner of this page you will see a Google Web or FishingTN.. Click FishingTN ... Type in Batteries and then Search. This subject has been covered many times ... Hopes this helps ... <'TK>< ;)

PS... Replace both batteries and check that the new ones are the same age ...

Pookie
01-07-2015, 05:31 PM
PS... Replace both batteries and check that the new ones are the same age ...

^^^This x 1000