PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack Spilling

Fishbus
01-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Anyone have experience below Nickajack dam in the pond area?

They are generating and spilling right now. Looks like their spillway is separated from the pond by the lock wall, so it seems doable.

Billy

jaycee
01-01-2015, 08:15 PM
The pond is always fishable at Nickajack.

Alphahawk
01-01-2015, 11:00 PM
The pond is always fishable at Nickajack.

X2. I have never put the kayak in there but have tried it a little from the bank....never did any good but didn't give it a good chance.

Regards

Fishbus
01-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Jaycee, how do you fish it? We are going down by the TVA tower where the 24 bridge lands, but the pond is our back up if the fishing isn't happening up there.

Thanks

Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
01-02-2015, 12:16 AM
You might find the lake side pretty muddy right now.

Regards

Fishbus
01-02-2015, 01:00 AM
Honestly Alpha, it's not my favorite location, but my Chattanooga pal wants to meet up and fish, and we owe him a trip down his way. He says he does well in that pond on the other side of 24 from the tracks. We shall see. I'm gonna throw the kitchen sink and see what happens.

Billy

Alphahawk
01-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Honestly Alpha, it's not my favorite location, but my Chattanooga pal wants to meet up and fish, and we owe him a trip down his way. He says he does well in that pond on the other side of 24 from the tracks. We shall see. I'm gonna throw the kitchen sink and see what happens.

Billy

Thats good info. I have fished that area from the bank but never the kayak. I will have try that out and the pond below the dam as well.

Regards

Transplanted Sportsman
01-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Billy, I fished the pond below the dam from my yak last friday after a duck hunting trip was scrapped, 1st time ever, you can fish just about everywhere from a yak with the limit being the longer wall from the lock, the smaller lock u can go in there and fish it, it is not operational, locals call it the dead lock, I caught most of fish there, nothing big but a good mixed bag of six different species, I was throwing crappie magnets, bobby garlands baby shad and the smallest size flukes, twiching and hopping it on the bottom with 2 lb test since it was the only rod I had in the truck, a lot of folks were throwing T rigs and blade baits as well as spoons fishing for white bass or stripe as they call it, the lake side was not muddy either but this was a week ago, good luck!!

jaycee
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
I usually fish the river and Battle Creek. Never have done much good in the spillway pond. Never gave it much of a chance. Blue gill and shell cracker is good this time of year in Battle Creek.

Alphahawk
01-02-2015, 03:54 PM
I usually fish the river and Battle Creek. Never have done much good in the spillway pond. Never gave it much of a chance. Blue gill and shell cracker is good this time of year in Battle Creek.

That's good info right there. Happy New Year Jaycee.

Regards