PDA

View Full Version : Spamer

Alphahawk
12-29-2014, 04:43 PM
MurenaRom sending out PM's.....is spammer.

Regards

NismoFish
12-29-2014, 05:35 PM
You don't like stuffed mushrooms?

XxthejuicexX
12-29-2014, 05:37 PM
I know, I love me some stuffed mushrooms! I got it too.

Reel Tune
12-29-2014, 06:31 PM
MurenaRom the Mushroom King has been permanently banned. If you are interested in any more mushroom recipes you can email

Sorry for any inconveinience

browntrout
12-29-2014, 06:58 PM
MurenaRom the Mushroom King has been permanently banned. If you are interested in any more mushroom recipes you can email

Sorry for any inconveinience

I feel hurt, I didnt get an email from him.

Roy

tcintn
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
got three but did not open

agelesssone
12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Got one, just deleted it. Obvious it was a spammer.

fishon
12-29-2014, 09:22 PM
got 3 from same spammer also deleted them glad they got banned.what are they looking for maybe a dumb ?but had to ask

tsuggs
12-31-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm the spammer who pms people to get all the honeyholes round here!!

NismoFish
01-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Really, though, why are so many spammers getting through and able to make accounts? I'm on a few other PHP boards and don't have that problem there.

Between the Russians and the mushrooms, it's almost enough to log out permanently and lurk.

SAMBOLIE
01-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Really, though, why are so many spammers getting through and able to make accounts? I'm on a few other PHP boards and don't have that problem there.

Between the Russians and the mushrooms, it's almost enough to log out permanently and lurk.

If the federal government can't stop those soliciting ba***rds and bi***es from calling every day how can this forum stop a few spammers from getting through?

tkwalker
01-02-2015, 12:36 AM

This is nothing like it use to be ... But Nismo .. knock yourself out ! .. everyman has to do what he has to do ... Right now this is the best we have with this software ... Between Jeremy and Myself ,,, we try to stay on it 24/7 ... .... The spammers don't have accounts ... They can't post ! ..

Also if you check it ... They are so called members but they still can't post ... How many spammers have you seen post on the site over the past year ... less than a dozen ... ?? Yes we are working on PM's that a non member can send ... But they are real persons and not BOTS ... But Nismo, if you want to Lurk and become a non member .. just let me know if you have any problems ... It is just one push of a button for me <'TK>< :)

Also as you may know or not I was a manager at Nissan for 21 years ... Remind me to send you pic's of my last Nismo projects in the late 90's/2004 that I spent 5 weeks on in Japan, from roadsters and off-road and everything in between .... ... You want believe what you are really missing out on .... ;)

NismoFish
01-02-2015, 12:59 PM
No need to get your panties in a twist, sir. Mine aren't. It was merely a question. If they don't have accounts, then how are they messaging those of us WITH accounts?

My dad has been a supervisor at Nissan for years (and still is). I'm familiar. Thanks, though.

tkwalker
01-02-2015, 02:47 PM
PM's is just like your email address How many spammers do you get a day on your personal Email?

PM's is something I have no control of. I can look at everything else, Deleted posts etc. But not your PM's.... Also PM's is nothing more than another email address for each member with out giving out your personal email address.

I get PM's from non members all of the time telling me who they are and that they are not bots and that they have registered so I can weed them out first as legitimate members and approve ... Just because you see a new member statement at the bottom of the page ... They are not until Jeremy or myself approves them ..

I am looking into upgrading the Software and maybe we can get a handle on Internal communications ... But it won't be cheap $$$! <'TK>< :)

agelesssone
01-02-2015, 08:43 PM
TK, most of us members know that you and Jeremy are doing a fine (albeit a thankless) job.

I think I have had 3 or 4 spammers in the coupla years I've been on here and with a couple clicks, their PM's are gone so it's not a problem.

Thanks again for the fine site and for the work you folks do to keep it going!

Now, if there was just some way to keep SAMBOLIE from posting, this would be a perfect website!

XxthejuicexX
01-02-2015, 08:53 PM
TK, most of us members know that you and Jeremy are doing a fine (albeit a thankless) job.

Now, if there was just some way to keep SAMBOLIE from posting, this would be a perfect website!

Thank you guys for everything TK and Jeremy. Speaking of Sambolie I don't think I have seem him around in a while.