PDA

View Full Version : Kinda like crack or something

RUGER
12-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Trout fishing that is:

I went and got my small fix a few times the past couple of weeks.
TWRA releases quite a few "put & take" rainbows in the local fishing lake in Martin every year.
I really enjoy going after them and I have already had two awesome meals thanks to them.

If I can sneak away later today I might just try to catch a few Christmas Bows. :D

My "goto" lure for them has always been a yellow roostertail with a silver blade.
Switched to a Kastmaster 1/8 oz spoon in gold this year.

twitch, twitch, twitchtwitch, BAM ! :D

I see the Caney and / or the White in my near future.

Alphahawk
12-25-2014, 08:59 AM
If you learn to use the Trout Magnet it will put more trout on your line than any other lure out there. On the Caney...and other places....100 fish days are quite common with it. Yes it is very addictive on the right tackle. The Caney is going to be blown out up through probably January. I am close to Normandy but it is blown out now also.

Regards

RUGER
12-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Oddly enough the trout magnets haven't proven to be as effective on the pond trout for some reason.

For the caney and white, oh yeah, they are the BOMB on them !!!

I love me some TM !

tcintn
12-25-2014, 12:39 PM
You have to fish the T M a little different on ponds compared to moving water.

RUGER
12-25-2014, 04:01 PM
I used them back in the fall in a pond near my house and I would cast it out and just give it about a half reel then stop it.

Caught a few bream on it so I figure it should work like that on trout but honestly I can't say I have given it a fair shake in the lake at Martin for trout.

Fishaholic
12-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Salty, Abigail (my daughter) and I used the TM gold head and black and gold tail earlier this year and wore them out. If they weren't so bony we'd go catch some more.