PDA

View Full Version : Normandy

Alphahawk
12-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Had a great late morning early afternoon fishing below Normandy. Caught 44 trout and 4 Kentucky bass. All fish were caught on a chartreuse TM jig head with a bubble gum colored Trout Magnet body. Used my new Volkey light action rod with the Daiwa Certate reel. They both performed great. Used 2# test line with 6X Seguar Grand Max fluorocarbon leader. It sure felt good to get back out fishing after being cooped up for almost two weeks in the house. The trout fought great but getting into a few Kentucky's was a good bonus....they gave me all I wanted on the light gear. Life is good.

Regards

Dakota
12-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Nice fish great numbers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
12-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Nice fish great numbers too!

Thanks. With stockers it is usually about numbers....lots of action with light tackle. When those Kentucky's hit I knew I had something with more weight than the trout. They put up a good tussle.

Regards

tcintn
12-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Sounds like you had a great day and it has been great to get back and feel the pull on the rod.
I have never used bubble gum colored T M.
Were you twitching or using float?

Alphahawk
12-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Sounds like you had a great day and it has been great to get back and feel the pull on the rod.

I have never used bubble gum colored T M.

Were you twitching or using float?

I was twitching.....trying out a new rod today.

Regards

tacklemake
12-20-2014, 02:08 AM
I'm glad to see your having fun my good friend keep them coming ...............woody