PDA

View Full Version : New increased license prices for 2015

fishfindergeneral
12-15-2014, 08:42 PM
New license pricing for 2015
http://www.tn.gov/twra/license_fee_info/TWRA_proposed_fees.pdf

TNBronzeback
12-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the post. I seen on FB where Doug M. posted about this. Do they outline how the money would be allocated? I havent read anything on this yet. Just curious if you know.

fishfindergeneral
12-15-2014, 08:55 PM
No. I believe it will go to across the board increased operating expenses. Just be happy that Tdub keeps all funds raised. I certainly don't mind anteing up. In Indiana the state appropriates all the funds the DNR raises for other gov. programs.

TNBronzeback
12-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Ive got no issues paying the increase for my licenses at all. I think the TWRA does a pretty good job with thier responsibilities. Not everybody can be pleased all the time but i think as a whole, they do a pretty good job for the lands and waters.

tkwalker
12-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Let me remind everyone that TWRA is an agency and not a Bureaucracy... They govern themselves via trustees not the state general assembly "Thank GOD !! I have never had a problem with the $$ of license ... It keeps our fisheries and Hunting venues very prolific and rewarding ... <'TK>< :)

SalmonDaze
12-16-2014, 08:24 AM
That's a 20% increase with a trout stamp.

When was the last increase? What was the rate? I'd like to know what the rate change has been of non-residents' applications to hunt and fish.

The fees don't dent my pocketbook; we're very fortunate. However, these types of increases can alienate younger people who we need to continue to support the future of wildlife preservation.

SAMBOLIE
12-16-2014, 09:09 AM
I would prefer the segregation of hunting and fishing license.

Why should we have to pay for hunting license if we only fish?

Seems to work well in AL.

Alphahawk
12-16-2014, 09:15 AM
That's a 20% increase with a trout stamp.

When was the last increase? What was the rate? I'd like to know what the rate change has been of non-residents' applications to hunt and fish.

The fees don't dent my pocketbook; we're very fortunate. However, these types of increases can alienate younger people who we need to continue to support the future of wildlife preservation.

Some of your questions are answered in this article.

Regards

https://news.tn.gov/node/13340

white95v6
12-16-2014, 11:14 AM
great a fee increase. while I would not normally have issues with it but TWRA does some really dumb stuff.

only half way decent thing is they are not influenced much from the government.

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 11:29 AM
great a fee increase. while I would not normally have issues with it but TWRA does some really dumb stuff.

only half way decent thing is they are not influenced much from the government.

Dude you're totally clueless! Quit your whining and ante up.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Dude you're totally clueless! Quit your whining and ante up.

Dude I am not totally clueless.

I buy a license every yr.

tell me why you need a Trout stamp? but not a Striper stamp? or a hybrid stamp? or any other fish that is stocked in TN waters?

bow stamp then a muzzleloader oh wait then a gun.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
oh and if I am Clueless why did you post this in a Fishing section. it has nothing about fishing it in. lol

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Where would be a more appropriate place? Our of state? Items for sale? Sports lounge? You do have a good point there though, to bad it's on the top of your head. Tdub does a phenomenal job.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 12:26 PM
it should be in lounge for sure.

and I think you mean out of state. not our of state.;)

tkwalker
12-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Okay Guys COOL IT... Lets get back on the subject ... <'TK>< ;)

MNfisher
12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
I think TWRA does a fantastic job! My guess on the trout stamp is because of the winter put and take stocking. They don't survive the year. So they make people pay extra to catch and keep. The crappie, striper, and hybrid all grow for years and years. Who knows, just a thought.

I'm completely fine with the increase. The sportsman license is a great deal when you hunt big game. Most states have a separate archery, muzzleloader, and rifle license.

I look at my $30 increase in the sportsman. I will eat out one less time in 2015. Paid for.

Mike

Heiny57
12-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Price going UP............. I guess I will have to catch more fish. 😜

white95v6
12-16-2014, 01:16 PM
haha cool it tk nice.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I think TWRA does a fantastic job! My guess on the trout stamp is because of the winter put and take stocking. They don't survive the year. So they make people pay extra to catch and keep. The crappie, striper, and hybrid all grow for years and years. Who knows, just a thought.

Mike

you know I might go for that. but you need one to fish the caney,elk,duck,obey,clinch etc. those all have hold over fish.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 01:19 PM
and don't get me wrong TWRA does a ok job in general.

there is no way TWRA will ever make everyone happy. and I am not one who is unhappy :D

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Really?!? The sports lounge??? All you are doing is proving my point. YOU'RE CLUELESS..

white95v6
12-16-2014, 01:33 PM
10-4... but how much info is in this about fishing? NONE

Saltwaterwalt
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM

I'm completely fine with the increase. The sportsman license is a great deal when you hunt big game. Most states have a separate archery, muzzleloader, and rifle license.

I look at my $30 increase in the sportsman. I will eat out one less time in 2015. Paid for.

Mike

Agree Mike, at least our money is not lumped into some general fund.

As far as the other heated posts, wow, just wow.

tsuggs
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Seems like a pretty big increase all at once, but I've learned as I get older there ain't too many thangs goin down in price.Hell, I'd prolly pay triple that to get my fishin fix on!!!!

XxthejuicexX
12-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Agree Mike, at least our money is not lumped into some general fund.

As far as the other heated posts, wow, just wow.

The price increase is not a big deal to me, how long has it been the same price? Like you said Mike, I pass on a bottle of Ciroc and it's paid for. I get my monies worth every year.

CreekWalker
12-16-2014, 03:07 PM
We all have opinions! I will happily pay the increase. I think TWRA does an excellent job with the resources. Come to think of 2015 - hopefully I will get to fish a little more next year from savings compared to recent years.....I sure do like this low-two dollar gas prices we've all seemed to be taking for granted!

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Ah, it's all about fishing licenses?

XxthejuicexX
12-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Ah, it's all about fishing licenses?

No, I deer hunt too. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I usually try and buy the sportsmen. I am going to get my son his lifetime here soon since it's 200 dollars.

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 06:11 PM
No, I deer hunt too. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I usually try and buy the sportsmen. I am going to get my son his lifetime here soon since it's 200 dollars.

Glad to know but this is a fishing forum not a hunting forum so common sense dictates that this would be the proper place for this info. So yes this is the proper place. Common sense isn't so common anymore.
I stand to pay more than most with this increase and I have no complaints. The TWRA are the stewards of our fisheries and the friend of the law abiding fisherman. They went to bat for us over the freedom to fish act and I have thier back.

white95v6
12-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Haha still no fishing info huh....well besides what mike posted

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Well still no common sense..

white95v6
12-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Yea i can tell you have none thanks for coming out and saying so.

MNfisher
12-16-2014, 07:23 PM
you know I might go for that. but you need one to fish the caney,elk,duck,obey,clinch etc. those all have hold over fish.

Yeah, I thought of this too...

Mike

fishfindergeneral
12-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Yea i can tell you have none thanks for coming out and saying so.
The topic is about the increase of fishing licenses, moron.