PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick Lake December 13 Report

FlipaYak
12-15-2014, 12:50 PM
I fished the Bluff Creek area on Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. This was the first time I have fished Pickwick during the winter drawdown. Being able to walk the banks and seeing some of what is normally out of sight was a lot of fun.

I found bluegills stacked up on a point in 3 to 5 feet of water. For a couple of hours, I turned into Alphahawk. Twitching trout magnets and catching a fish on every cast. I caught most of the fish on a purple haze tm. The bluegills, except for one or two, were average size, 6-7". They were not striking aggressively. Most hits were just a little extra weight on the line or a sensation that something changed.

I also caught a 5-10 lb drum and hooked another large fish that broke me off after a prolonged fight.

I could not find a concentration of bass. I only caught four, but I didn't try too hard after I found the bluegill. I also did not manage to catch a smallmouth, which was my only disappointment in the day.

First time I have been fishing since October.

Alphahawk
12-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. If my sinus infection goes away I'm hoping to get there this week. I haven't fished in 11 days and it drives me nuts......had I not fished since October I would be in depression. Hope you get out some more.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk