PDA

View Full Version : steam plant 12-13-14

TNBronzeback
12-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Hit the river about 7:00 saturday. Not quite what i was hoping for. I jigged and jigged and jigged till i was blue in the face...not a toothy fish to be caught jigging. Got a few small cats and snagged a pretty big carp/buffalo right in the bottom lip though so that was a good fight. Changed over to trolling and got 3 short saugers on the first pass....then no more! Lol.
Changed over to skippies and as usual had a blast with those things....after about 30 minutes of catching them things i figured i would give one a lip piercing and dunk it down for linesides. As my luck would have it....not paying attention to time i took a few minutes to enjoy my PB&J sandwich....upon finishing my lunch i realized i was no longer moving....yup....generation stopped. So ofcourse i couldnt buy a skipjack in the river and all the big schools of big arcs i found on the humminbird were dispersed. Lol.
Talked to the guy at flippers after the crappie tournament and he gave me a few pointers on putting some crappies in the boat around there so i might try that next time out.
Didnt find the big schools of bait along the river ledge yet this year but im sure they will show up once we get some consistantly cold weather.
There were a good amount of boats and a few kayakers up at the barrier....a few guys throwing flies so i didnt stick around to get a skippie up there....not really a big "crowd" fisherman.
Im off for 10 days after this thursday so im gonna have plenty of time at the steamplant. Lol
River temp was high 40's and right at the barrier was 63.