PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Duck to find some trout

tcintn
12-13-2014, 08:41 PM
It seems like it has been ages since I have been on the Caney. The plus from this has been the savings on diesel fuel for that big Dodge. But I was wanting to see if I still knew how to use my rod and reel since it had been so long.
Went to the Duck and stood on the bank just below dam near road and fished for a couple of hours and it all came back on how to fish the Trout Magnet and i was able to corral 31 nice Rainbows.Maybe this will keep me proficient on how to catch a fish until the Caney is wadeable.
:rolleyes:

Monroe
12-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a great day!

Alphahawk
12-13-2014, 08:59 PM
That's a good number with the water flowing the way it is....congrats. I need to head over that way.

Regards

Fishbus
12-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Went a month ago with this flow and all 5 fishermen in kayaks were skunked. Never had that happen on the Duck before. Can't wait till the discharge slows and a good winter trout trip can be had.

Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsuggs
12-14-2014, 07:52 AM
thanks for the report,great catch!

TroutFiend
12-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Glad you got into some trout Ed! What size/brand line are you using these days?

Andy

Transplanted Sportsman
12-14-2014, 10:28 PM
That's a good number with the water flowing the way it is....congrats. I need to head over that way.

Regards

Thats what I was thinking too Mr Randy, must have been using a heavier jig head or split shot, im looking for days with about 300 cfs, im starting to miss your posts, not fishing any lately?

Alphahawk
12-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Thats what I was thinking too Mr Randy, must have been using a heavier jig head or split shot, im looking for days with about 300 cfs, im starting to miss your posts, not fishing any lately?

Ed is the best with that float rod for catching trout that I know of. I have seen him hang as many as 8 split shots to get the TM down....LOL. I haven't been out fishing since 9 December. Trying to get over a sinus infection. Hoping to get out this week if the weather is decent...miss my fishing and I know the crappie are waiting on me...LOL.

Regards

tcintn
12-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Glad you got into some trout Ed! What size/brand line are you using these days?

Andy

Andy

I was using 2 lb SOS line from Trout Magnet with a 2 lb leader of Seaguar floro.

I was using two or three small split shots at 6" to get T M down. I was using pink T M with chartreuse jig head.

tcintn
12-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Decided to try here again today. Had a great day catching a bunch of small Rainbows.Did catch some nice ones in a deep hole.Before leaving I wanted to catch one more for an even number and I tried for 45 minutes and nothing.It was like someone hollered for them to go home.
Was using chartreuse jig head with either pink or white Trout Magnet. @ lb SOS line and 2 lb Seaguar floro leader.

Alphahawk
12-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Good deal Ed.

Regards