PDA

View Full Version : Going bass fishing on oh - sat/sun

jprism
12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Going to put the boat in OH this Sat & Sun and try to find some LM Bass. Leaving out of Shutes Branch just wondering where the fish might be this time of year?

Jim

Halli
12-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Go right and fish the Bluffs, Leave when I show up haha! :D

jprism
12-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Will do thanks

Buccaneer
12-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Regardless of the cold we have had, start shallow. Find wood, hopefully wood with sun shining on it, pitch and flip jigs. Find the bait, balls of shad are still there and moving vertically in the water column. Tight line jigging spoons if you find good size wads of shad. I'd start up in Drakes Creek then work my way towards the dam and and spend some time in the pockets around the Lock 3 area. Shad Raps are your friend.

tacklemake
12-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Regardless of the cold we have had, start shallow. Find wood, hopefully wood with sun shining on it, pitch and flip jigs. Find the bait, balls of shad are still there and moving vertically in the water column. Tight line jigging spoons if you find good size wads of shad. I'd start up in Drakes Creek then work my way towards the dam and and spend some time in the pockets around the Lock 3 area. Shad Raps are your friend.

MR. ED and I will be there in the morning looking for anything that will bite............woody

jprism
12-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Again thank you both

jprism
12-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Oh well...2 days 2 fish...glad wife went to grocery. Both caught on gold/silver 3/8 spinner bait in 6-8 feet of water off main river points.

Lots of good fun for 2 days...come on weather stay warm and dry.

Jim