PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick Tailrace

Alphahawk
12-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Headed to Pickwick this morning hoping to get some crappie or Gills. Tried over by the lock for the crappie and up in the lake for some Gills.....no going on either one. Drove over to the generator side and looked down to the catwalk and sidewalk.....no one around and I thought I might as well not even go down the steps. Then I looked at all the sea gulls feeding like crazy. So down the steps I went and sat my bucket down right in front of the cut back. Tied on a 1/4 ounce jig head with a Killer Klatt Crappie Magnet casting with a medium light rod using 6# test line. Game on! The white bass were in there thick. This is the first time in a long while I stayed at Pickwick until sunset. When I got to the vehicle the clicker read 101 fish caught. You could feel the jig head cross their backs on your retrieve. Pickwick is well known for white action like this. All the fish were 12-13 inch range cookie cutter fish. Probably all males. It was a blast to get back into some white bass again. The water was very clear and I could see a lot of the hits right at the edge of the sidewalk. Just a fun day of catching drag pulling fish. Might have to try it again tomorrow.

Regards

Heiny57
12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Not sure why I have a boat.......................

Nice catch Alpha

XxthejuicexX
12-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Nice catch Alpha

X2

Very nice day Alpha. Hope you get into them tomorrow.

MNfisher
12-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Absolutely awesome! Congrats!

Mike

Jim
12-03-2014, 12:21 AM

Nice catch Alpha

Boat aint the problem, why do I have a job?

Great catches as usual and as usual I'm jealous :)

TNtroller
12-03-2014, 05:16 AM

Nice catch Alpha

sure does make one wonder very hard doesn't it. :D

Congrats Alpha

tsuggs
12-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Nice job alpha,I fished lock side fri morn,6 crappie,1 keeper.Sounds like I shudda eased over to dam side,dammit!!

FloatNFish
12-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Great looking fish Alpha! Hope you wear em out today!

Alex

Alphahawk
12-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Went back today but the fish were not by the generators today. Went down river to a crappie.....Gill spot and was only catching medium size Gills. Decided to try a pink Trout Magnet and caught 11 whites using the UL with 2# test.....a lot of fun. Not a lot of fish but I'll take it. Might head to Nickajack tomorrow.

Regardshttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/0b1a48bf88ddf55fa739b9033a147230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk