PDA

View Full Version : Fishing GSP

agelesssone
11-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Headed for GSP this morning, try to catch the early morning rockfish bite.

I didn't hear of much being caught on Saturday or Sunday. Sunday was understandable with the rain and yesterday there was some pretty serious winds.

Gonna be throwing flukes, one live baited rod freelining, and maybe a topwater or two.

Reports this afternoon.

SAMBOLIE
11-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Good luck!

Alphahawk
11-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Good luck.

Regards

jad2t
11-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Saturday one of my friends I fished with in the morning went back that night and took 2 home. He went again Sunday morning and took 2 home. It's still hot over there, those fish are just picky because in the morning when we all were there, they weren't very active. Good luck!

MNfisher
11-25-2014, 01:03 PM
because in the morning when we all were there, they weren't very active!

Sounds like a pretty good reason they weren't active. My best days at the plant are when its just me or me and a buddy. Stripers don't like crowds.

Mike

jad2t
11-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a pretty good reason they weren't active. My best days at the plant are when its just me or me and a buddy. Stripers don't like crowds.

Mike

Yea I figured that had something to do with it but my only chances to go fishing are on weekends when everyone else is out so I have to deal with the crowd even when I get to the barrier at 4:30.

They were plenty active out of range, teasing us! :mad:

MNfisher
11-25-2014, 04:02 PM
They were plenty active out of range, teasing us! :mad:

Get used to that!

Mike

txnative
11-25-2014, 05:33 PM
I got out there Saturday...found several fish, including 3 that simply overpowered my gear. It's been a very long time since I've hooked into a striper that I couldn't handle.

Chris Bryant

Travis C.
11-25-2014, 05:42 PM
I got out there Saturday...found several fish, including 3 that simply overpowered my gear. It's been a very long time since I've hooked into a striper that I couldn't handle.

Chris Bryant

Big drum... :)

txnative
11-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Big drum... :)

Nah, I think they were gar

CB

agelesssone
11-25-2014, 06:19 PM

Chris Bryant

Yeah, those Kmart reels don't hold up too well. You need to get the Walmart reels......much stronger.

tkwalker
11-26-2014, 12:46 AM

Chris Bryant

There is two things I have learned in life when it comes to fishing for striper .. You don't take a Knife to a gun fight . and always use a broom handle for a rod and a winch for a reel !! <'TK>< :)