PDA

View Full Version : clifton tn

fishon
11-23-2014, 11:53 AM
slow day on the water yesterday .no sauger but caught some nice gills and 2 10 lb plus drum 1 nice large mouth all on bison color

Alphahawk
11-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Have always wanted to stop and fish at Clifton on way to Pickwick but don't know where I would fish. I don't see much bank access on Google maps.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnriverluver
11-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Is anyone catching sauger yet? Seems just a little early with water around 50 degrees.

fishon
11-23-2014, 04:01 PM
we fished just out side the marina there 8-12 ft water fished eagle nest/ hardin creek couple boats did pick up a few sauger but nothing major water temp is upper 40's there now maybe in a couple weeks they will be good.got a report that sauger are being caught below the damn @ pickwick right now but have not been back myself yet.

Tnriverluver
11-23-2014, 06:49 PM
we fished just out side the marina there 8-12 ft water fished eagle nest/ hardin creek couple boats did pick up a few sauger but nothing major water temp is upper 40's there now maybe in a couple weeks they will be good.got a report that sauger are being caught below the damn @ pickwick right now but have not been back myself yet.
Thanks! Below the dam is my normal goto. Would love to get on a few now instead of sitting out there in 20 degree weather :D

Alphahawk
11-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Thanks! Below the dam is my normal goto. Would love to get on a few now instead of sitting out there in 20 degree weather :D

Going to try my best to fish below dam on Friday. Buying a new kayak this week and that will be my first chance to fish. Will let the forum know what is going on down there.

Regards

Tnriverluver
11-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Going to try my best to fish below dam on Friday. Buying a new kayak this week and that will be my first chance to fish. Will let the forum know what is going on down there.

Regards

Kayak??? Below Pickwick??? You sir are a brave soul!!!

Alphahawk
11-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Kayak??? Below Pickwick??? You sir are a brave soul!!!

No I didn't mean I put a kayak in there. I fish a lot from the bank down there and do quite well. I have a few really good spots there.

Regards

Tnriverluver
11-23-2014, 09:44 PM
No I didn't mean I put a kayak in there. I fish a lot from the bank down there and do quite well. I have a few really good spots there.

Regards

Whew!!!! LOL There are days it would be fine but not many!!!