PDA

View Full Version : GSP Question

ThrillSeeker
11-21-2014, 10:50 AM
I plan on hitting the steam plant in the morning. This will be my first time going since the barrier was put up.

How deep within the channel is the barrier?

We're gonna try to catch some white bass and/or tilapia and wanted to get an idea of how far we would be able to go up in there.

Thanks in advance, and if you see a red Javelin w/ a buddy seat up front, feel free to ease over and say hi.

jad2t
11-21-2014, 11:08 AM
I plan on hitting the steam plant in the morning. This will be my first time going since the barrier was put up.

We're gonna try to catch some white bass and/or tilapia and wanted to get an idea of how far we would be able to go up in there.

Thanks in advance, and if you see a red Javelin w/ a buddy seat up front, feel free to ease over and say hi.

It isn't very far upstream. I'd say from the mouth of the canal it's 30-40 feet in so you can't get very far up the canal at all. There are thousands of white bass in there. Throw a Trout or Crappie Magnet and you catch them cast after cast but they're all very small. I haven't been able to find them any bigger than 8-9 inches.

Edit - If you look at it on Google Maps the barrier is visible so that might give you a better idea.

XxthejuicexX
11-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Maybe a 100 yards. If you look on google maps you can see the barrier up. Jimmy Beat me to it!

jad2t
11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Yea I meant 30-40 yards, not feet!

Adrian
11-21-2014, 03:19 PM
This is the view from my upstairs window. The GSP calls to me all winter long. At night the Red Lights taunt me as they flash over and over and over again.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/adriandavidpayne/IMG_4171_zps33eeaff6.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/adriandavidpayne/media/IMG_4171_zps33eeaff6.jpg.html)

Dakota
11-21-2014, 09:32 PM
So I was there today got a nice striper report to come. But as far as your question the middle that channel is about 12 or 13 feet if you're sitting middle of the barrier. If you want tilapia I was catching a bunch of them with my cast net today. They were just pass the first buoy when your headed to the barrier on the left bank. There's a flat and then a drop they were right in the drop about 7-9 ft It's about 10 yards past that buoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThrillSeeker
11-22-2014, 04:25 PM
I ventured out to the steam plant this morning and was amazed at the number of boats in there. I managed to get a couple tilapia, a few red ear, bluegill and more short bass than I care to mention. Thanks for the advice Dakota. I will probably try it again next week.