PDA

View Full Version : Steam Plant Lures

Doc Marshall
11-20-2014, 05:38 PM
So....I was going to finally take out the fly rod and hit Caney tomorrow but it doesn't look like the dam will cooperate.

Can anyone recommend good lures for the steam plant? If I target tilapia, skipjack, stripers, whatever - what do y'all recommend? Jigs and white grubs?

XxthejuicexX
11-20-2014, 08:30 PM
So....I was going to finally take out the fly rod and hit Caney tomorrow but it doesn't look like the dam will cooperate.

Can anyone recommend good lures for the steam plant? If I target tilapia, skipjack, stripers, whatever - what do y'all recommend? Jigs and white grubs?

Trout magnets and a float

Travis C.
11-20-2014, 08:56 PM
White bass will slam about anything from trout magnet size to 2" in white.

agelesssone
11-20-2014, 09:02 PM

For tilapia....#6 light wire hook, 1/2 inch pieces of nightcrawler fished along the bottom.

Bluegill...same

Skipjack...white trout magnet 2 feet under a small float....Sabiki rig with 3/8 oz sinker on the bottom of the rig, crank back fast and erratically. Keep the rig high in the water column.

Stripers...Topwater action...KVD Sexy Dawg, walk the dog retrieve....7 in. RedFin trout color, same retrieve. 3/4-1 Oz jig with four, five, or six inch fluke (white, pearl white or chartreuse.) Varying retrieves.

At least this is what I'll be doing/throwing/trying in the morning.