PDA

View Full Version : Ice Station Zebra--- Caney Fork

lupanfreitag
11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Saturday
I went to Caney Fork on Saturday. Caught maybe 12 fish in three hours. Very slow. The highlight was a 30 inch gar which didn't seem to know it was hooked. Just swam by the boat, said "Hey" ,kept swimming and broke me off.

Sunday
Woke around 4AM. Checked weather. Rain. 34. Called my buddy and told him we better sit this one out.... Then I took the cat outside (don't ask).... No wind, drizzle... overcast...I'm a sucker for clouds.

Steam Plant or Caney....... Caney.

Ran inside, called him and said meet me in two hours.

When we arrived the generators were running, water high. Caught four from the ramp on fly and crainkbait. I told my buddy, I got a feeling.

IT was an amazing day. We caught around 80. We lost at least that many. Every cast for at least an hour. Fish jumping in every corner of the pond. As noted by some other crazy mofos who ventured into the icy rain it was COLD but when you are catching fish it really didn't matter. (My new rain suit performed amazingly well. Only my feet got wet.)

Biggest rainbow was 17. No monsters but a parade of 12-14 inch fish.

Caney never ceases to amaze me.

Sitting in my truck, warming our hands, my friend asked, You wanna' come again next week? as the windows fogged up and the rain pelted the windshield.

"Damn straight."

Alphahawk
11-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Congrats on a good day.

Regards

TroutFiend
11-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Good report, I was up there till midnight last night and had a decent bite, especially crappie. Looks like i should have pulled an all nighter.

riverhawkluke
11-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Good report! Itching to get out there!