PDA

View Full Version : 15 crappie=23 pounds.

Alphahawk
11-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Had a great...but long day at Nickajack. All my fish were 13 inches to just shy of 14 inches. The fish weighed 23 pounds on a good scale...but has not been certified in about 5 years....but it is close to being right on. It took me 8 hours to get these fish. It was 29 degrees when I got there and finally warmed up to 41...but there was some wind off and on. Made for being a little cold. All fish were caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using a 1/16 ounce jig head with a #8 hook using 2# test line. Nickajack crappie....for whatever the reason....are really thick fish. Don't know when I'll get to go again....looks like the wind is going to blow hard next few days. Hope to catch a day with light rain or cloudy where these fish would be more conducive to turn on and stay on where I could limit out in about 3 hours instead of taking all day. Leaving Nickajack late in the day in winter when it is raining means you might not get across Monteagle....it would be snow and ice up there. Oh well.....life is good.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Wow, congrats on the day.

Jim
11-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Amazing limit. Wish I was a better crappie fisherman after seeing that. Congrats on the catch.

Jim

CrappieMan
11-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Very nice limit alpha... Did you try any other colors? Or just stick with bison? Those are some nice thick fish! Good eating!

Alphahawk
11-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Very nice limit alpha... Did you try any other colors? Or just stick with bison? Those are some nice thick fish! Good eating!

Thanks...I do use other colors. It just happens that at Nickajack they prefer that color. If at Pickwick or Center Hill I will be using Midnight Blue. I used to fish JPP for crappie and did well there with Pearl. If I can get a break in the wind going to try Pickwick this coming week to see if the crappie are in my spot down there.

Regards

FloatNFish
11-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Good looking limit Alpha! Shaping up to be quite the end of the year for you!

Alex

agelesssone
11-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Good looking bunch of fish. Glad to see all that driving has it's rewards.

tacklemake
11-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Another great report my friend thank you...............woody

tsuggs
11-16-2014, 09:15 AM
jealous....again! awesome alpha!

Travis C.
11-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Wow....wow.

jad2t
11-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Wow most of us catch a limit of crappie with one or two of them being 13-14" on a good day. You're the Crappie slayer for sure. You hold that title!

Alphahawk
11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Wow most of us catch a limit of crappie with one or two of them being 13-14" on a good day. You're the Crappie slayer for sure. You hold that title!

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm just an opportunistic fisherman. I was fortunate to find spots that produce these crappie fall and spring...and will see how far into winter they go in the spot I am fishing now. I can take the cold...I can take the rain......but I can't take the cold with this wind. Hoping to hit it again Thursday. Nickajack just produces big crappie.

Regards

Fishaholic
11-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Nice slabs!! So since I'm shameles I'll ask what everyone else is thinking... when is the fish fry LOL

TNtroller
11-19-2014, 05:48 AM
jealous....again! awesome alpha!

x2 LOL.