PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Fishing

antounsh
11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone I am new to the forums. My name is Anton. I live in Antioch, TN and I have been fishing at the Percy Priest reservoir for about 4-5 years on and off. I use to catch 2-3 lbs catfish a few years back on worms and chicken liver, but since then I have not caught anything from Percy Priest. I always fish from the banks as I do not have a boat. I am no fishing expert which is why I want some advice. I will be going out fishing again around Thanksgiving and I am wondering if someone could share a good fishing spot and bait to use from shore. If not in Percy Priest then I am willing to go all the way up to Old Hickory lake which is a 50 minute drive from my house. Although, I would prefer a place close to my house I want a place where I can actually catch something. I realize that its getting cold out there, so if it is not possible to catch anything during the winter from the shore please let me know. Thank you so much.

riverhawkluke
11-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Welcome! When I walk around lakes just fishing for whatever will bite, I love to throw trout magnets. I can describe it, but the real expert for lake fishing trout magnets is Alphahawk, Im sure he can help you out!

antounsh
11-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Welcome! When I walk around lakes just fishing for whatever will bite, I love to throw trout magnets. I can describe it, but the real expert for lake fishing trout magnets is Alphahawk, Im sure he can help you out!

Can you recommend any fishing spots at this time of year? I don't want you to give your favorite spots away, just a specific park or lake would do.

thehick176
11-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Tail water areas are good places this time of year. Below Percy Priest and Old Hickory dams are good when they are generating.

antounsh
11-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Tail water areas are good places this time of year. Below Percy Priest and Old Hickory dams are good when they are generating.

Do u know the regulations for trout? I have tried researching but no luck. I will be fishing the Percy Priest Dam but from the Stones River side.

Dakota
11-16-2014, 11:38 AM
My advice to you from where ever you end of fishing from the bank for catfish is Somehow get some skipjack (with a circle hook) cut up into small chunks and use for bait. SkipJack is the most oily fish around and catfish love it. I think you can buy some at certain baitshops. Try Walkers bait in Hendersonville. You can catch skipjack below Old Hickory dam and is a good place for bank fisherman. You can catch them on small jigs or buy a sabiki rig it has several small hooks on it. Youll need to put a 3/4 oz or so weight on the bottom of the rig and work it with hard ripping/jerking motion. Use heavy line from the bank because if you get hung you may break off. Good luck!!

Alphahawk
11-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Do u know the regulations for trout? I have tried researching but no luck. I will be fishing the Percy Priest Dam but from the Stones River side.

You can keep 7 trout below JPP or below Normandy. You do need a trout stamp to keep the trout.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloatNFish
11-16-2014, 01:36 PM

Looks like the first stocking below Priest this year is Dec. 5.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/fish/StreamRiver/stockedtrout/wintertrout.pdf