PDA

View Full Version : Huge fish from Yak

Dakota
11-13-2014, 08:05 PM
http://www.fishhound.com/videos/awesome-catches-brag-board/one-largest-fish-ever-landed-kayak

Fishaholic
11-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Call me a purist but being tethered to a boat isn't exactly kayak fishing not to mention using rope instead of a rod and reel isn't very sporting.

tkwalker
11-14-2014, 02:31 AM
Any time you catch fish ...especially big fish is a thrill ... Now I have Northern friends who catch walleye from a hand held line/reel ... In Detroit ... in fact Bruce DeShano the owner of Off Sore tackle Planer boards ... Okay ... But to make a so called outstanding record catch tethered to a bay boat is non sense from a kayak ... He could have been setting on a Tractor inner tube and have accomplished the same thing ...

Now I am not a yakker... Wish I was able to do so ... But I think this takes a back seat the Tennessean's around here who have caught numerous trophy stripers ... but they weren't tethered nor fished with rope ... My 2 cents worth ... <'TK>< :)

Reel Tune
11-14-2014, 09:50 AM
I think that it is neat, but think it takes some of the sport and challenge out of it. With this you are basically measuring strength and stamina. On another note if I had a chance to do it I probably would just to say I did it.

Dakota
11-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Very true fellas was thinking the same. Kinda take the fun out of yak fishing doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishaholic
11-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Jeremy or anyone else for that matter say the word we can arrange it..seriously!!
I think that it is neat, but think it takes some of the sport and challenge out of it. With this you are basically measuring strength and stamina. On another note if I had a chance to do it I probably would just to say I did it.

tkwalker
11-15-2014, 02:07 AM
Jeremy or anyone else for that matter say the word we can arrange it..seriously!!

What does that mean ?? ... Be more specific...<'TK>< :)

txnative
11-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Putting in the effort to reach the fish is part of the reason I love kayak fishing. I have no problem with using a mother boat if needed, but knowing you paddled out to the fish makes catching one a bit sweeter.

My favorite thing about going after large fish in a kayak is being towed around during the fight. I'm always amazed at how a relatively small striper (10-15 lbs) can rip off line WHILE pulling you INTO current. Even a 2 lb smallie will move the kayak around (especially on Dale Hollow...those fish have serious shoulders). Nothing against the vid, but I think I'd prefer kayak fishing the way I'm used to.

Chris Bryant

Reel Tune
11-15-2014, 08:11 AM

2015 last week of March, how's that sound?