PDA

View Full Version : South Holston River

CrappieMan
11-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Anyone on here fish South Holston? I used to fish it a lot when I was younger but just haven't fished it much in prob 10 plus years because of the out of state license (lived in Va in Bristol parents still live there). Just got married in May and now live in Tn so was thinking about fishing it some again. Just curious if any of you all fish it or live near it? I know of several places but just haven't been there in a while. Hope everyone has been catching a bunch I've been after these va trout in the mountain streams (bought lifetime license before moving).

Alphahawk
11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I fished it a few years back. Great place to fish and I caught my first wild trout there. Loved fishing around the weir dam

Regards

CrappieMan
11-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I get so excited catching 14" and 15" trout from these tiny VA streams lol... Just something about those small streams... I drive past south Holston to go to them lol... Some super pretty trout out there tho and def some big ones I'm going to have to fish it some more... I saw a really nice brown on Tn side of this one stream that is stocked 100 yards down steam by Va... I'd say the Tn part gets limited fishing and we walked the stream and saw a brown that I estimated to be in the 25" range... When I buy my tn trout stamp I'll try to catch it (that thing went crazy when he saw us). Lol. I catch some big trout up that way but nothing like the possibilities at south holston... Hard to compete with trout that break the 30" mark

FOXZILLA
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
It's been 5 or 6 years since I made the drive to SoHo. Long way from the Nashville area. The browns there are incredible. Next time I go, I'm doing it out of my #jacksoncuda14 yak.

IdahoBoy
11-16-2014, 06:46 PM
http://southholstonriverflyshop.com/reports/

I have lived in TN since the end of January this year after moving from Northern Idaho. I love trout fishing, and have fished Montana and Utah heavily. I have been following the SoHo & Watauga since I moved here... but have yet to go out there. I live east of Nashville, but would like to make it up there. Check out the fishing reports as of late (link above). Sorry I do not have more info... wish I did!!! Would love to catch some winter browns in full color!