PDA

View Full Version : Sluice going off at the Caney.

browntrout
11-12-2014, 11:40 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/0b39d6479cfd3ef1e90c12568e5efd4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis C.
11-12-2014, 11:58 AM
About the right time of year.

Get ready for low......low......water and browns creepin on the shoals.

TroutFiend
11-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Sweet!

You think this forecast will change?

browntrout
11-12-2014, 12:39 PM
I think it depends on the power demand. With this weather I could see them going to 2 generators. I hope it stays at 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverhawkluke
11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Hopefully I will be up there soon! Will most likely be there after thanksgiving (hopefully they will be fat from their Thanksgiving feasts :D )!

browntrout
11-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Ed and I are wading tomorrow when the generators go off. Anyone else going?

Roy

FOXZILLA
11-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Ed and I are wading tomorrow when the generators go off. Anyone else going?

Roy

Sounds good. If I wade, it'll most likely be around Lancaster. But I'll probably be fishing out of "black widow" colored cuda14 yak.

riverhawkluke
11-15-2014, 08:54 AM
I would if I could, I am helping with my brother's eagle scout project.Its hard to think that his scouting is coming to a close, but I am proud that he has made it to Eagle like my father.

TroutFiend
11-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Good luck let us know how you did, I might make it up there tonight if they keep the generators off after midnight.

Doc Marshall
11-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I have some days off I have to take before the end of the year. I think I'm finally going to force myself to learn to fly fish.

Two questions: can anyone recommend a decent brand of beginner waders? Never owned a pair before.

Also, how cold does it need to get before trout just shut off?

Travis C.
11-15-2014, 11:37 AM
I have some days off I have to take before the end of the year. I think I'm finally going to force myself to learn to fly fish.

Two questions: can anyone recommend a decent brand of beginner waders? Never owned a pair before.

Also, how cold does it need to get before trout just shut off?

Brands are pretty preferential to the buyer all brands have good as well as duds except for the really high end ones like Sims. I would suggest breatheable over neoprene and rubber. You can layer up under for winter or wear shorts under in warmer weather. Boot foot or stocking foot, i like stocking because i wear my boots wet wading but it really doesnt matter.

Too cold for trout? Not anywhere around here and definitely not any tailwater fisheries. They fish the mtns streams til they are froze over. It can get too warm for a tailwater fishery but rarely ever too cold.

browntrout
11-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Fish were fairly active today. They are not running the 240 minimum flow and it makes a huge difference when trying to fish the TM on the float rod. Still good to be back on the river. 1 had 1 big one break me off after about a 30 to 40 yard run. I think Ed had a couple good ones today. I left and he was still fishing.

Roy