PDA

View Full Version : Only ten today.

Alphahawk
11-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Couldn't get my 15 fish limit today. It was very slow. Caught ten crappie all 12-13 inches. All caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet. The fish were hanging on a ledge wall. Trying to figure out when to go again.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Those are big fish, congrats. Stinks the limit is not 30.

Alphahawk
11-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Those are big fish, congrats. Stinks the limit is not 30.

Thanks Juice. Yeah 30 would be nice but will have to go to Kentucky Lake or Pickwick for that. The locals tell me though that when you could keep 30 there the crappie were not big like they are now. They tell me the crappie really took off size wise when they lowered the limit to 15.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
11-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Makes sense, that cutting back helped everything grow. 15 fish that size provides a lot of good size fillets. 30 is the limit on Priest although I have yet to hit it. Came close a couple times this spring.

SAMBOLIE
11-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Couldn't get my 15 fish limit today. It was very slow. Caught ten crappie all 12-13 inches. All caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet. The fish were hanging on a ledge wall. Trying to figure out when to go again.

Regards

Nice mess of fish.
Go every day and try to figure out when not to go again.:)

Alphahawk
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Nice mess of fish.
Go every day and try to figure out when not to go again.:)

Thanks Ott......I wish I could fish everyday. I do fish a lot but all of a sudden the long drives aren't as easy to make as they were just 2 years ago. I want to go back tomorrow but just can't do the drive again so will stay close to home.........although the weather down there tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. I'm not old but am making my way there.....LOL.

Regards

agelesssone
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Better go somewhere tomorrow! That rain and cold front hits tomorrow night. Gonna be cold for awhile after that.
Glad you at least caught ten. Ten fish that size would make a few meals.

Alphahawk
11-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Better go somewhere tomorrow! That rain and cold front hits tomorrow night. Gonna be cold for awhile after that.
Glad you at least caught ten. Ten fish that size would make a few meals.

Yeah rough weather is coming. Might just go out to Williamsport and sit on my bucket and see what bites. Where you headed tomorrow?

Regards

agelesssone
11-10-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna hit JPP, see if the crappies are in the deep trees along the channel edges.

If that doesn't work, gonna try by Hong Kong island for some stripers.

If you go anywhere, keep an eye the weather, s'posed to get really nasty