PDA

View Full Version : Steam Plant today

Brian37075
11-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Cound not ask for a better day weather wise. Started about 9:30 right next to the barrier. Couple other boats were there also. We landed a couple small white bass. One catfish, two tilapia, and two crappie. Fished minnows. Lander several brim and small crappie. Caught all on minnows. After about 5 hours of fishing I broke out my yum money minnow. Several casts later got a few hits. Then it got hit hard. What ever grabbed it made a mad dash towards the river. I was reeling as fast as I could, but was going the other way faster than I could reel. So if any one finds a big fish in that area with a shad color YUM money minnowin it mouth. Try the lure it's a good one for that area. Wish I could have seen it.

jad2t
11-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Cound not ask for a better day weather wise. Started about 9:30 right next to the barrier. Couple other boats were there also. We landed a couple small white bass. One catfish, two tilapia, and two crappie. Fished minnows. Lander several brim and small crappie. Caught all on minnows. After about 5 hours of fishing I broke out my yum money minnow. Several casts later got a few hits. Then it got hit hard. What ever grabbed it made a mad dash towards the river. I was reeling as fast as I could, but was going the other way faster than I could reel. So if any one finds a big fish in that area with a shad color YUM money minnowin it mouth. Try the lure it's a good one for that area. Wish I could have seen it.

I have a good guess as to what you lost.

tacklemake
11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
It sound like the same thing Merv had on and couldn't stop it with 50lb braid.

agelesssone
11-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Some of those fish just don't want to be caught!

Brian37075
11-10-2014, 09:03 PM
i may never get another bite like that anytime soon, but it sure was a fun fish not to catch.

tacklemake
11-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Merv we are still catching tilapia at bluegrass and beleve it or not they are spawning there right now. We got three there today.