PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack 11/08/2014

Alphahawk
11-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Another great day at Nickajack. A limit of 12-13 inch crappie. As usual on that lake a Bison colored Trout Magnet was the lure of the day The fish were all over the water column....3 feet deep, 12 feet deep. You just didn't know where they would be. Once again it took the whole day to get them. Caught a bunch of Gills again today.....nothing really big...but caught no bass at all. Going to take a small break and hit it again Monday or Tuesday. Life is good!

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-08-2014, 08:22 PM
those are some big fish. Jimmy and I caught some decent crappie and tilapia on OH today but nothing like that. I might try and hit JPP up tomorrow. Congrats on the catch.

TroutFiend
11-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Glad you had a good day. I can't believe you can catch this amount of fish from the bank!

Alphahawk
11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Glad you had a good day. I can't believe you can catch this amount of fish from the bank!

Thanks......I have had my kayaks for 3 years now and I fish out of them a lot from early spring through early fall. I don't care too much fishing out of it in winter. I have spent years finding great bank spots. I don't think since owning my kayaks I have caught anymore fish....until maybe this year. With the addition of the si unit it is a game changer. There are great bank fishing spots out there...of course I drive a lot to get to them but what else do I have to do....LOL.

Regards

Alphahawk
11-08-2014, 09:24 PM
those are some big fish. Jimmy and I caught some decent crappie and tilapia on OH today but nothing like that. I might try and hit JPP up tomorrow. Congrats on the catch.

Thanks Juice.......what did you catch the tilapia on? I used to fish JPP in the spring for crappie and used to get some good ones there...but can't crawl down the rocks anymore where I used to get them. Nickajack crappie are really special.....IMHO. Even a 10 inch crappie there has very thick shoulders. May sound crazy but I fully expect to start getting into some 14-15 inch fish. I have the past 3 years I have fished it and hope I can get them this year.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks Juice.......what did you catch the tilapia on? I used to fish JPP in the spring for crappie and used to get some good ones there...but can't crawl down the rocks anymore where I used to get them. Nickajack crappie are really special.....IMHO. Even a 10 inch crappie there has very thick shoulders. May sound crazy but I fully expect to start getting into some 14-15 inch fish. I have the past 3 years I have fished it and hope I can get them this year.

Regards

Jimmy and I caught the Tilapia on Trout magnets. Green/black, chartreuse, or the millworm color worked best. We were on them pretty good, then in all my genius decided to go try another spot I caught them last year and we did not do so well then. Found a little rock pile with all the 6" largemouth you could ever want to catch on it.

Alphahawk
11-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Jimmy and I caught the Tilapia on Trout magnets. Green/black, chartreuse, or the millworm color worked best. We were on them pretty good, then in all my genius decided to go try another spot I caught them last year and we did not do so well then. Found a little rock pile with all the 6" largemouth you could ever want to catch on it.

The "Cardinal Sin" of fishing......"Never leave a spot you're catching fish".....LOL.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-09-2014, 09:02 AM
The "Cardinal Sin" of fishing......"Never leave a spot you're catching fish".....LOL.

Regards

Oh yeah, I had to apologize to Jimmy because shortly after we moved a couple guys went right into where we were fishing and started catching a ton of them. We had a good time, caught about everything that swims I think. I caught my first sauger, not big enough to keep which was a let down.