PDA

View Full Version : Cordell Hull/Indian Creek Campground area fishing

FOXZILLA
11-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Guys, I need some input. We're thinking about taking the camper out to Indian Creek on Cordell Hull this weekend. I don't know anything about this area. Do any of y'all have any clue what's out there, as far as fishing goes?
Also considering staying here and fishing the Caney or Stones.

Saltwaterwalt
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I fish Indian Creek several times each summer, especially late summer when the whites are in the jumps. I've caught a few good LM in there as well.

Are you camping at the Granville campground, or the one in Indian Creek? I was wondering if those stay open year round.

Travis C.
11-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Are you camping at the Granville campground, or the one in Indian Creek? I was wondering if those stay open year round.

There is at least one up there that way open. I am not sure which. A buddy of mine used to camp out of it during hunting season for deer. Until then I was under the assumption the all closed around end of October.

FOXZILLA
11-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I fish Indian Creek several times each summer, especially late summer when the whites are in the jumps. I've caught a few good LM in there as well.

Indian Creek is open year round. $25 nightly for waterfront.

Travis C.
11-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Guys, I need some input. We're thinking about taking the camper out to Indian Creek on Cordell Hull this weekend. I don't know anything about this area. Do any of y'all have any clue what's out there, as far as fishing goes?
Also considering staying here and fishing the Caney or Stones.

Don't know about that area but the lower end around Defeated creek fished great this time of year. Bass, crappie and whites seemed to be everywhere and striper would push up in the creek blowing up bait as well.