PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Little Red and TM shop this weekend

wordty
11-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Since I moved to Louisiana this summer I have been dying to trout fish. I sure do miss the Caney. I am meeting a friend from Franklin tomorrow night to fish the Little Red Friday and Saturday. We will be with Lowell Friday. Two years ago when we were there we were with someone different so I am stoked about time with Lowell. What advice do you have as far as what I should stock up on while I am there? I know I need some chartreuse TM heads. What are your favorite colors for crappie jigs these days and all of your opinions? I have a ton of cm baits want to load up for fishing down here since there is lots of Crappie fishing here in Northwest Louisiana. Thanks!!

Alphahawk
11-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Since I moved to Louisiana this summer I have been dying to trout fish. I sure do miss the Caney. I am meeting a friend from Franklin tomorrow night to fish the Little Red Friday and Saturday. We will be with Lowell Friday. Two years ago when we were there we were with someone different so I am stoked about time with Lowell. What advice do you have as far as what I should stock up on while I am there? I know I need some chartreuse TM heads. What are your favorite colors for crappie jigs these days and all of your opinions? I have a ton of cm baits want to load up for fishing down here since there is lots of Crappie fishing here in Northwest Louisiana. Thanks!!

I envy you. You will have a great time with Lowell. He will put you on fish and is just a great guy. On the CM the Midnight Blue....Pearl.....Killer Klatt...Bison.....Purple Haze.....Black/Chartreuse......Blue/White.....Fast Lane. These are the most productive ones for me. Different bodies often times produce better with a particular color. I have also found when you are catching crappie and the bite slows switching colors often times will get the fish biting again. I have CM jig heads in black....chartreuse. Probably need to get some white also. Do you have an appointment to tour the shop? If not I would call and make sure you can get in and someone will be around on Friday. Best of luck on your trip. I will be back out there this spring with my son. We are hoping to fish 3 days with Lowell.

Regards

browntrout
11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Lucky you. Lowell is an awesome guy and guide. Tell him I said hello and I hope to see him soon. Good luck on the trip.

Roy

dtaylor7
11-07-2014, 05:07 PM
wordty, it was good to meet you today and I hope the rest of the day went well! Let me know what you plan to do for tomorrow! I'd be glad to help in anyway I can.

wordty
11-12-2014, 03:51 PM
We caught the weather and generation pretty good and had a great time fishing with Lowell Myers on Friday and David from Columbia on Saturday. David is a student at Harding and is learning the Little Red quite well. Perhaps you have seen the video of David catching the big brown on the Caney back in the Summer. We fished Dripping Springs area Friday morning with Lowell and then waded at Cow Shoals Friday afternoon. On Saturday we fished above Lobos Landing with David. The leaves were starting to turn and it was beautiful up there. It was great visiting with Lowell, David, and Jeff Smith. We landed about 75 fish and I continue to love TMs. I finally got to use a chartreuse head, which I knew must be great if Ed Krech uses it...it is awesome with a pink TM.

Cerealkiller
11-12-2014, 04:07 PM
When Todd and I got to Cow Shoals around 230, it was nice and peaceful with a few fly fisherman. By 330 it was a war zone. At one point, we had 7 fly fisherman within 30 yds. After Todd caught the big brown, they crowded us. I was casting across the river and a guy went directly across from me. When we left, there were 3 of them 20 ft from each other in a triangle casting in the middle. Crazy.

Pink TM on Chartreuse head is a KILLER. At one point on Saturday with David we were catching a fish on every cast.

Alphahawk
11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Glad you all had a good trip......not sure one could have a bad trip out there. Son and I are headed back out this spring for 3 days of fishing with Lowell spread out over 5 days. Might even wade a little.

Regards

Reel Tune
11-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Looks like a great trip and were in good hands.