PDA

View Full Version : Locked and Loaded....

Travis C.
11-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Got in my restock order from trout magnet. Refreshed my reel with about 300 yards of 2lb SOS. There is gonna be some sore lips this weekend.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse3c44d82.jpg

:D

Pinwheeled
11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Too bad that color combo doesn't catch anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis C.
11-05-2014, 08:36 PM

You didn't think i would show off my go to color did you? ;)

browntrout
11-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Good luck!! Wished I could have met you up there this weekend. Leave a few up there for me.

Roy

Travis C.
11-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Good luck!! Wished I could have met you up there this weekend. Leave a few up there for me.

Roy

No promises Roy, no promises.

Pinwheeled
11-05-2014, 08:57 PM
You didn't think i would show off my go to color did you? ;)

Na I knew you wouldn't do that

Travis C.
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM

Pinwheeled, this is actually the first time i have used the chartreuse heads. But i have known how effective a small bit of that color is on trout for years. Its no surprise.

One of the most effective rigs/setup i have ever used on trout is:

4lb at most fluoro line or at least leader.

Size 6 hook with a BB shot 12-18" above.

Thread half a red wiggler on and add a chartreuse crappie nibble on hook point.

This is absolutely deadly and that nibble makes a big difference.

XxthejuicexX
11-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Travis, it's nice to see someone with reels as beat up as mine!

Alphahawk
11-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Good luck.......hope you get a bunch. That chartreuse is deadly. I went from having none to now having a ton of them after I saw how trout react to it. I have a Stradic that is 4 years old that looks really beat up but with a couple of cleanings a year it still works great.

Regards

CrappieMan
11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I just picked up some of the chartreuse and red jigheads... I still haven't tried them yet... Did try half black/chart tm today and had really good luck fishing a small mountain stream close to the house... I've always used that catalpa worm looking color but never that one... I will give them a try soon looks like your ready to put a hurting on a few!

riverhawkluke
11-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Chartreuse Jig heads and bright colored TM's are my go to set up for fast water trout, white being a favorite.

XxthejuicexX
11-05-2014, 10:32 PM
I love a pink jig head for crappie with a white twister body.

SAMBOLIE
11-06-2014, 08:12 AM

The lip on the spool looks nicked. That could be detrimental to line.

jad2t
11-06-2014, 08:47 AM

I'll fish with them as beat up as can be as long as they still work! They don't need to be shiny, the drag just needs to work!

jad2t
11-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Looks good, Travis. Rip some lips this weekend, I assume this is a Caney trip?

Travis C.
11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
The lip on the spool looks nicked. That could be detrimental to line.

That's a good eye SAMBOLIE. I never noticed that before. Thanks!

The reel was actually a gift from the lake's fishing gods. Cleaned it up and it has worked great since. I have donated several to the water doing stupid things or just to no fault of mine. About time one came back my way.

I will carry a couple spares spooled up and ready just in case.

Travis C.
11-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Looks good, Travis. Rip some lips this weekend, I assume this is a Caney trip?

With a .5 generation coming up this weekend it's ripe for the picking.

SAMBOLIE
11-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I'll fish with them as beat up as can be as long as they still work! They don't need to be shiny, the drag just needs to work!

That is funny. When is the last time you had a fish pull your drag? :D

jad2t
11-06-2014, 10:19 AM
That is funny. When is the last time you had a fish pull your drag? :D
[/B]

When I caught that very fat 20.5 incher that helped me take first place on OHL in a tournament :D

It's been a while since a good drag pull though. I'm headed out Saturday morning for rockfish which will give a good tug if I succeed. Also bringing the UL setup with 2# test for tilapia. They fight about like a dead leaf but the initial hookup might result in a quick 8 inches of drag pulled.

TroutFiend
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Does anyone have that link to the TVA generation forecast? I think there was a thread posted last year containing it, but I don't have it saved on my new phone anymore.

Andy

thehick176
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Lakeinfo.tva.gov

TroutFiend
11-06-2014, 05:03 PM
I have that one and the TVA App, but there is a link that shows predicted forecasts into the upcoming days, its not so easy to read.

thehick176
11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
OK sorry. I only use the app I posted. Its usually dead on.

browntrout
11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Should be full generation for the next few days. Great Falls is blowing out over 3,000 cfs for the next few days and Centerhill is about 7 feet above goal winter pool.

Roy

tacklemake
11-06-2014, 06:08 PM
You would think the tilapia would be heading for the steam plant, but we are still catching them at bluegrass ramp shore fishing. We got six today on crawlers and going back tomorrow for more. The eight inch shad are back there also which make great bait for live lining for big stripers..................woody

TroutFiend
11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
OK sorry. I only use the app I posted. Its usually dead on.

Here is the one I was referring to

http://www-wm.lrn.usace.army.mil/hh/products/memrvrbna.txt

XxthejuicexX
11-06-2014, 09:00 PM
You would think the tilapia would be heading for the steam plant, but we are still catching them at bluegrass ramp shore fishing. We got six today on crawlers and going back tomorrow for more. The eight inch shad are back there also which make great bait for live lining for big stripers..................woody

I hope they are heading toward the Steam plant and get there by this weekend.

jad2t
11-07-2014, 09:34 AM
I hope they are heading toward the Steam plant and get there by this weekend.

They will be. Notice Merv's screenshot of his depthfinder on Old Hick yesterday, water temps below 60 degrees and that's when the tilapia can't handle it. Plus with the cold temps last night and tonight..they'll be there!

tacklemake
11-07-2014, 08:37 PM
We caught more tilapia today at bluegrass ramp and more real nice bluegills.