PDA

View Full Version : JPP Shad

bates19
11-03-2014, 06:28 PM
The last 2 times out I have not been able to find shad in an area I can get to from shore. My usual spots are the west fork boat ramp and the cove at Stewarts creek boat ramp. There has been zero shad at west fork, and the only shad at Stewarts creek were hanging out in the middle. Anyone know some good spots to get shad from the bank? Also, any knowledge as to why they're further from shore than usual. Is it water temps? Thanks as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisntab
11-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Shad will go through a die off in winter. Especially when extreme cold hits quickly. Just a guess

Alphahawk
11-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Didn't spot any Shad at all today at Pickwick......they should have been all over the place.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNtransplant08
11-03-2014, 08:45 PM
When I was restricted to the bank, I used to have good luck at the Jefferson Springs rec area catching shad by the picnic area. It was just a matter of how close to the bank they were. Sometimes I had to bring waders along to catch them.

XxthejuicexX
11-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I did not see anything Sunday while I fished.

creekcrappie
11-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last time I was out, there were no shad in the back of stewards yet. I did find some on the bank across from fate sanders and to both sides of it. But that is from a boat. From the bank Lamar Hill has been loaded with shad the past few days, and it can really turn on if the wind is blowing right on the boat ramp. Right before dark, the white bass can turn on in a hurry, (I mean literally every cast for a while), but there is no way to predict if that will happen or not. Me and my brothers probably caught 15 in about 15 minutes saturday evening ( and that's with me having to constantly fix their tangled messes :eek:).