PDA

View Full Version : Small window for Caney wading

riverhawkluke
11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
The generation schedule as of right now is one generator until 5 pm, and then it starts back up again at 9 am. The sunrise is 7:07 so you could get out there at early dusk and fish for a bit if you wanted to! Unfortunately I will be at school dreaming of the caney! :mad:

tcintn
11-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Luke,
I like your thinking.
I might try that.

tcintn
11-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Well Luke,I got up early and went to the Caney and fish a couple of hours. Since there is no sleuice now,it is not that good.I did catch one RB that was right at 16" and out of the rest i caught two Brookies which were absolutely beautiful.No browns today just a bunch of Rainbows.
It was nice to get on river and wet a line.There was only one more person on river this morning.

browntrout
11-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Well Luke,I got up early and went to the Caney and fish a couple of hours. Since there is no sleuice now,it is not that good.I did catch one RB that was right at 16" and out of the rest i caught two Brookies which were absolutely beautiful.No browns today just a bunch of Rainbows.
It was nice to get on river and wet a line.There was only one more person on river this morning.

Ed,
I didnt realize that they had cut the 250 sluice off. Thats a bummer. That 250 release made fishing really good.

Roy

lupanfreitag
11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Tuesday I went to THE Caney. Caught 20 in two hours.

Biggest brown = 22 inch
I broke off another.
Biggest Bow = 20 inches.

Then I hooked something really big...
I suspected another monster brown. As I was fighting it I asked for help and a guy ran down with his net. Trout-zilla! I thought. Then it came up... I saw it was a drum. 24 inches. I said the F word and started laughing. Then we looked up and there was a herd of childen at the dam for a tour standing about 20 feet away-- staring at us. My new friend and I both roared with laughter. The kids learned an important life lesson only the Caney can teach.

Real life is a lot like the Caney. You never know what you are going to catch. And the F word is fair game.

riverhawkluke
11-05-2014, 07:41 PM
what were you using?

agelesssone
11-05-2014, 09:14 PM
UH, riverhawkluke, he was using THE "F" WORD!!

HOW DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

XxthejuicexX
11-05-2014, 09:22 PM
uh, riverhawkluke, he was using the "f" word!!

How did you not understand that?
:)

riverhawkluke
11-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Hahahah I try to keep that lure in the bottom of my tackle box but it slips out every now and then!

lupanfreitag
11-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I was using trout magnet.
I'm going go both Saturday and Sunday next weekend.
I can not wait.

Tricked out my truck.

Hands off, folks!