PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cat early a.m.

Alphahawk
11-02-2014, 01:18 PM
After not fishing for more than a week I needed to get back to catching some fish. Headed out to Williamsport and had Blue Cat all to myself....wasn't surprised as it was 27 degrees when I arrived. Caught only a couple of smallish Gills but got 3 dozen crappie before coming home to watch some football. While I did not measure all the crappie they all appeared to be 10-11 inch fish. They put up a spirited fight and sure felt good to play a fish again. Caught all of them on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using 2# test line. The crappie were really down in the rocks. My retrieve was very slow just crawling it over the rocks. If you got the retrieve fast enough to lose contact with the bottom you got no fish. Son and I are heading to Pickwick in the morning. He took a day off to fish with me and I sure hope we get on some fish.

Regards

riverhawkluke
11-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Nice catches and good luck at pickwick!

MNfisher
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the report, Good luck tomorrow!

Mike

creekcrappie
11-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Nice job Mr. Randy!

Alphahawk
11-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the report, Good luck tomorrow!

Mike

Thanks Mike. Saw a lot of deer being hauled out today.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Good report thanks. Nice catch!

agelesssone
11-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Nice catching there Randy!

XxthejuicexX
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a great day. Good luck tomorrow, knowing you I'm sure you guys will catch somewhere around 200 fish

Alphahawk
11-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a great day. Good luck tomorrow, knowing you I'm sure you guys will catch somewhere around 200 fish

Thanks Merv......I don't know Juice. They are dropping Pickwick to repair the dam. It is already below winter pool and I'm not sure just how much lower they will take it. Will try my Gill and Smalllie hole and see what we can get.

Regards

Alphahawk
11-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks Merv......I don't know Juice. They are dropping Pickwick to repair the dam. It is already below winter pool and I'm not sure just how much lower they will take it. Will try my Gill and Smalllie hole and see what we can get.

Regards

Son and I didn't catch a single fish at Pickwick. Tough day.

Regards

agelesssone
11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
You have my sympathy Randy. I've had a few of those days myself....and they really SUCK!

XxthejuicexX
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Son and I didn't catch a single fish at Pickwick. Tough day.

Regards

WHAT?!? I may have jinxed you.... Sorry

Alphahawk
11-03-2014, 07:41 PM
WHAT?!? I may have jinxed you.... Sorry

Pickwick has fished horrible for me the past 5 months. While I have caught some out of there it has not even come close to producing as in the past years. Hated it for my son as he doesn't get many days off.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Pickwick has fished horrible for me the past 5 months. While I have caught some out of there it has not even come close to producing as in the past years. Hated it for my son as he doesn't get many days off.

Regards

I guess you could call me Jambolie. I don't even have to show up to jinx you.

Alphahawk
11-03-2014, 08:25 PM
I guess you could call me Jambolie. I don't even have to show up to jinx you.

Don't believe in a jinx. I fished 5 spots today that didn't even produce a Gill. Just not normal for down there. Also not normal for the whole place to be void of people....no one on catwalk....sidewalk....not a single boat in the water. What that tells me is the fish have not been biting. But to see the whole place empty is very odd. Oh well.....will try somewhere tomorrow.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
11-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Don't believe in a jinx. I fished 5 spots today that didn't even produce a Gill. Just not normal for down there. Also not normal for the whole place to be void of people....no one on catwalk....sidewalk....not a single boat in the water. What that tells me is the fish have not been biting. But to see the whole place empty is very odd. Oh well.....will try somewhere tomorrow.

Regards

I was there most of the day. Don't know how I missed you.

Alphahawk
11-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Where were you at Ott? I went down the catwalk at 9 and over to the lake side about 10......then hit the spot by the TVA campground around 11 and then over to the lock. Did you catch any fish?

Regards

SAMBOLIE
11-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Where were you at Ott? I went down the catwalk at 9 and over to the lake side about 10......then hit the spot by the TVA campground around 11 and then over to the lock. Did you catch any fish?

Regards

I wasn't there. Just threw out some bait for Merv and Juice.;)

Coach B
11-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Caught all of them on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using 2# test line.
Regards

What size TM do you like for the crappie? I met a young man who gave me some different sizes to try a few weeks ago.

Alphahawk
11-05-2014, 07:27 AM
What size TM do you like for the crappie? I met a young man who gave me some different sizes to try a few weeks ago.

Coach not sure what you are talking about. The Trout Magnet is only one size. The Crappie Magnet is a larger version of the Trout Magnet.....but the Crappie Magnet also only comes in one size. The jig heads for the Trout Magnet are 1/64 ounce. Some of the jig heads for the Trout Magnet have a longer shank hook and are called Pan Fish jig heads. The jig heads for the Crappie Magnet come in 1/32....1/16.....and 1/8 size but all of them have a #3 hook. When I use a Trout Magnet most of the time I will use the TM jig head and attach a size B split shot about 12-18 inches above the jig head. There are times if the water is deep or the wind is up I will use a 1/16 ounce jig head with a #8 hook. But there is only one size Trout Magnet.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
11-05-2014, 07:42 AM
There is also a mini magnet. Smaller than a TM.

Alphahawk
11-05-2014, 07:45 AM
There is also a mini magnet. Smaller than a TM.

You're right Ott. But I didn't want to get into that......I can't even see the things so I leave that one alone.......LOL.

Regards

ThrillSeeker
11-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Has anone here tried a CM on a panfish jig head?

Alphahawk
11-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Has anone here tried a CM on a panfish jig head?

Yep......a lot of folks fish that setup. It is great for big Gills.......keeps most of the little ones away.

Regards

agelesssone
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Alpha, you have to remember that SAMBOLIE is used to handling little tiny things, so mini magnets look huge to him.

SAMBOLIE
11-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Alpha, you have to remember that SAMBOLIE is used to handling little tiny things, so mini magnets look huge to him.

Daddy taught me well. He said if you have a small thing marry a girl with small hands and it will look bigger to her.