PDA

View Full Version : Guntersville Oct 24-25

jprism
10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Just returned from a 2 day LM trip to Scottsboro to fish Guntersville. Fun time but a lousy time to catch Large fish. Fished Goose Pond, Mink Creek and South Sauty. The 2 of us caught only 8 fish (2.1 to 2.8 lbs) over 2 days using lipless cranks, jigs, flukes, D-bombs in 3 to 12 feet of water. The water temps are still high at 65 to 70. If the fish have started to move up they simply are not feeding based on the skinny belly's of what we caught. Oh well there is always next month...just hope it begins before the water freezes over :)

XxthejuicexX
10-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Don't feel bad, I caught 5 fish over three days when I was down there for the oakley big bass. We fished as a cold front set in but that's still not an excuse. It was a very long three days

jprism
10-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Yep it seems that on Guntersville, Kentucky and Old Hickory the LM don't think it's Fall yet. The fish I have been catching are small and their belly's are not full. With the large bait fish hatch on these 3 lakes you would think that all bass would have plump bellys!

Going to try Old Hickory again this Thursday. Friend of mine pulled 3 LM over 4 lbs last Friday up in the river east of the 109 bridge.

Oh well there is always November!