PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Ford for Beginners?

KiloMike
10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
The family and I are heading down to Tim's Ford for the weekend. The wife and I are celebrating 18 years of marriage bliss (or blissfull forgiveness!) as well as getting her out of the house for a much needed change of scenery since her back surgery. My 13 year old and I are going to bring the gear and do some bank fishing.

Any tips or recommendations for what/where to fish? We just started fishing this summer, so we still don't really know what we're doing. We are open to catching anything. Just looking for a good time.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Travis C.
10-24-2014, 03:17 PM
If you have trout or crappie magnets take them and any other small 2"-3"ish baitfish imitating bait. That seems to be the general size of the fry out there.

The lake is steep and deep with plenty of rock.

Any places that you think may give shelter to a helpless bait fish like docks, boulders, bridges or trees fish your bait there. Also keep an eye out for fish splashing on the surface. Predator fish will push these minnows into a ball then to the surface and feed on them. Cast to those areas if you can.

There should be plenty of bluegill around the rocks along shorelines right now and probably even some bass. A white small grub, white Trout Magnet or Killer Klatt Crappie Magnet would work wonders.

Travis C.
10-24-2014, 04:26 PM
http://tennesseebassguides.com/?cat=2

Here are a few reports.