PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick

Alphahawk
10-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Spent the day at Pickwick and didn't get much. Caught nothing out of the tailrace.....not even a drum. Went up in the lake and got 8 Gills and fished over by the lock and caught 6 shell crackers...only about 7 inches long....and the one bass. I did catch a bunch of 5-6 inch Gills by the lock but not what I was looking for. I must say the few I caught sure were colorful. Just a tough day.

Regards

riverhawkluke
10-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Do you use the CM for shell cracker? Also, I am going to try that deep pond in Bellvue soon for crappie, do you have any tips for the CM?

Alphahawk
10-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Do you use the CM for shell cracker? Also, I am going to try that deep pond in Bellvue soon for crappie, do you have any tips for the CM?

I use the TM for shell cracker and Gills. If you only want to target really big Gills or shell cracker you can use the Crappie Magnet. For Crappie just twitch or fish it under a float. If there is some wind fishing it under the float is really good.

Regards

riverhawkluke
10-21-2014, 09:44 PM
So since the water is close to 30 feet deep in places how should i fish the bottom.

Alphahawk
10-21-2014, 09:57 PM
So since the water is close to 30 feet deep in places how should i fish the bottom.

Put a size B split shot on if you use a TM and cast out and count down until you know it is on the bottom. You may lose a couple of jig heads until you figure out just how close your jig is to the bottom. It will take a long time for a TM to fall 30 feet.....around 40-50 seconds....or more. Then very slowly twitch it back to you....to stay in contact with bottom using a TM you will have to pause your twitch several seconds on each wind or two of the reel.

Regards

riverhawkluke
10-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Sorry for all of the questions, for I have only fished the trout magnet in relatively shallow water... that being said would you just do the same with the TM but not add a split shot?

Alphahawk
10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Sorry for all of the questions, for I have only fished the trout magnet in relatively shallow water... that being said would you just do the same with the TM but not add a split shot?

With the CM jig head you don't need a split shot but fishing deep with a TM jig head it is advisable to use a split shot.

Regards

GO-OKFISHIN
10-22-2014, 10:13 AM
RH Luke,

Are you going to fish the rock quarry or the pond behind Shoney's? Sorry Alpha not trying to hijack. Congrats on your catch.